Wifes fence vs reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
    Don't think I would have posted this lol.
    Should of just stuck with I have to live with her. Its not easing my frustration posting this!

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
      Go with the wire and tell her when the wire needs replacing, you will go with the wood.
      Genius!

Comment

Wait till she sees a nice pipe fence and decides that's what she wants. Haha congrats on the land purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
          Go with wire and appease her with a nice entrance gate.
          That’s another funny story. I want a nice custom black iron gate. Nothing too fancy or expensive. She also wants a wooden gate and can’t comprehend why that’s a terrible idea.

Comment

With a board fence you will never have to say "what do you want to do today"?

Comment

She’ll get over it once she realizes how nice and clean pipe corners and field fence looks with a nice custom gate. That price difference would make the decision very easy, not to mention the ease of up keep on the cheaper option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You could just compromise with her. Tell her that she can have whatever she wants as long as she pays for it and maintains it. If I’m the the one that has to pay for it and maintain it then I’m putting in what I want.

Comment

Should have married a sandwich expert instead of fence expert....just kidding. How about front wood and the rest wire?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    Board fences are pretty for a month or so after they are finished. If you go board fence at least you'll always have a project maintaining it. Not no but hell no.
                    I used cedar posts and field wire down my drive 1200’.
                    Maintenance free.

Comment

I like my cedar posts and field fence on my 1200’ drive. Pipe at the front.
                      Maintenance free.

Comment

Tell her you are going to sell her car so you can afford the fence and you will get he a nice reliable cheap car with roll up windows so you can afford the maintenance every year

Comment

My neighbor did this and used lumber from milled phone poles. The creosote lumber won’t need maintenance for years and a good coat of paint would make the pipe look good for years as well. Field fence attached makes a nice transition and might satisfy both of you. The tanks in background are on their way out and it looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                            My neighbor did this and used lumber from milled phone poles. The creosote lumber won’t need maintenance for years and a good coat of paint would make the pipe look good for years as well. Field fence attached makes a nice transition and might satisfy both of you. The tanks in background are on their way out and it looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            That is nice! Looks expensive though!

Comment

No offense but my wife handles the domestic duties and decisions and I take care of the field work.

Comment

Man up.

Comment

Working...
                                X