Ski resort help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Red River is your friend. Trust me. Do not go to the big crowded Colorado resorts. Angel Fire is also good for families. 30 minute drive from Red River. Ski Apache near Ruidoso will work too. Drive to New Mexico for your first trip. If it's a success fly to the big resorts next year. Or not. The crowds and lift lines suck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Good advice here except Angel Fire over Red River for your first time due to more beginner slopes at Angel Fire. While in Angel Fire, drive the 30 minutes over to Texas Red's in Red River for a good steak and check out the scene there and maybe ski one day to compare for the next trip. Red River is the better atmosphere, but Angel Fire has better skiing for beginners and a great ski school.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
      Good advice here except Angel Fire over Red River for your first time due to more beginner slopes at Angel Fire. While in Angel Fire, drive the 30 minutes over to Texas Red's in Red River for a good steak and check out the scene there and maybe ski one day to compare for the next trip. Red River is the better atmosphere, but Angel Fire has better skiing for beginners and a great ski school.
      Correct on Angel Fire being a bigger and better resort.

I've been boarding for 34 years. I've been to probably 30 resorts. I used to have to go to the biggest and baddest. As I age I still ride fast. I like the much more chill vibes of the NM resorts.

If you want the greatest of all it's hard to beat Lake Tahoe. Ride all day party and gamble all night. Go go dancers and black jack. Lol.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 11-24-2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

We’re headed back to Red River mid-January. My family and kids love it.

Comment

As for the lessons: pizza and french fries. Lol.

Comment

Sipapu is cheap and good for kids. Last year and this year going to Breckenridge. We liked it little better because more slopes for beginners. I would do Sipapu again after a little more experience. My wife and didn’t start skiing until in our 50s.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken fried View Post
              Sipapu is cheap and good for kids. Last year and this year going to Breckenridge. We liked it little better because more slopes for beginners. I would do Sipapu again after a little more experience. My wife and didn’t start skiing until in our 50s.
              Lol. Breck has tons of extreme terrain. Sipapu doesn't even really have black runs.

Comment

Look at the elevation of the base. I try to stay below 8500 ft. Us flat landers don’t do well in thin air.

Comment

For young kids and beginners, I would say Copper Mountain. Stay in center village ski in ski out condo. Lift tickets are cheaper than Breck, Winter Park or Vail.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                    For young kids and beginners, I would say Copper Mountain. Stay in center village ski in ski out condo. Lift tickets are cheaper than Breck, Winter Park or Vail.
                    Good choice for that area.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

We’ve always done breck, and it’s always a great time w/ no complaints.
                        Thinking about trying Big Sky in Montana next...anyone ever been?

Comment

Breck is a great mountain and town. It's always been one of my favorites along wirh Kirkwood. The last time we were there it was insane. 20-30 minute lift lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Breck is a great mountain and town. It's always been one of my favorites along wirh Kirkwood. The last time we were there it was insane. 20-30 minute lift lines.

Break gets crazy, but you can get up the mountain and get away from the crowds. However, I wouldn’t recommend a beginner to do that…

Comment

Find a cold cold day. Jump in a lake. Then climb in your deep freeze to dry off. Repeat, until coffee and a crowded space sounds fun. Then subtract oxygen.

As you can tell. Skiing was not my sport. Plus it is more of a skinny man's hobby. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                Break gets crazy, but you can get up the mountain and get away from the crowds. However, I wouldn’t recommend a beginner to do that…
                                That time the only lift that wasn't bad was the top one to Whales Tail. Still too many people.

Comment

Working...
                                X