No announcement yet.

New Mathews V3X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve only been on TBH a couple of years. I just read all 1600+ posts of the link to Ashley’s thread while holding my youngest of 3 and my second little girl. I’m a blubbering mess right now. The tragedy and outpouring of love in response to that tragedy was incredible.

An apology, at minimum, is necessary. The keyboard warriors need to move on to Facebook. There’s a lot of wonderful people here and ignorance is no excuse for being an @$$hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      One day I’ll shoot one >30”
      Everybody says they are better shooting. As good as I do with a 28” ata bow @29.5” draw, I imagine I could do better with a longer bow.

Pros don’t shoot tournaments with long ATA bows because short ATA bows are more accurate. LOL

All of that being said, I am interested to shoot the 33. Looks like a great bow.

Comment

I may try and make my 2014 Hoyt last another year. It shoots good and I feel like this will be the last year of the halon vxr v3x style riser and cams. They all look about the same to me.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
          I may try and make my 2014 Hoyt last another year. It shoots good and I feel like this will be the last year of the halon vxr v3x style riser and cams. They all look about the same to me.

We could get you a waffle iron if you don’t like the current style. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I don’t get the dislike for the short ATA bow, I guess. You pull it back, aim, let it go. Smaller is easier in the tree, or even stalking. I don’t know why you’d want a more bulky bow, if the small one sends the arrow just as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I don’t get the dislike for the short ATA bow, I guess. You pull it back, aim, let it go. Smaller is easier in the tree, or even stalking. I don’t know why you’d want a more bulky bow, if the small one sends the arrow just as well?

Post 16 for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                Is the granite like the stone in color ?
                Lighter gray and light tan is what it looks like to me depending on lightning

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  We could get you a waffle iron if you don’t like the current style. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji23][emoji23]
                  It’s not that I don’t like them. I just think they are coming to end of this design soon.

Comment

New Mathews V3X

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Post 16 for me..

That makes some sense, but I have a Moser (large) nose. I also don’t have a very long draw, so that string angle probably isn’t as noticeable.

I love that little short ******* so far.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-17-2021, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Don’t necessarily need a new bow but if someone off Koda their VX3 to upgrade I might have to jump in

Comment

Honestly, I'm afraid of going to shoot all the new bows. I know the upgrade from my Switchback would be huge, but unlike Smart, I've got too many hobbies (on top of being a tight arse).

I went and got a new sight earlier this year before going on my elk hunt. The guys at West Houston Archery were really trying to sell me on a new bow. They chuckled at me when I refused to shoot a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                          Honestly, I'm afraid of going to shoot all the new bows. I know the upgrade from my Switchback would be huge, but unlike Smart, I've got too many hobbies (on top of being a tight arse).

I went and got a new sight earlier this year before going on my elk hunt. The guys at West Houston Archery were really trying to sell me on a new bow. They chuckled at me when I refused to shoot a new one.

I used to have waaaaay too many myself....but at age 42, I decided to cut them back......for marriage preservation reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post

When I walked into West Houston to look at bows, it didn't take long and I walked out with a V3

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Yep...all this talk about accuracy...there's certainly a place for longer ATA and they are more accurate but 99% of my harvesting is less than 30 yards. I'll never see any accuracy advantages the longer ATA affords and neither will the majority of people that bowhunt at that yardage.
                              I'll be trading my V3 31 for the 29. It's supposed to be here tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                                I’ve only been on TBH a couple of years. I just read all 1600+ posts of the link to Ashley’s thread while holding my youngest of 3 and my second little girl. I’m a blubbering mess right now. The tragedy and outpouring of love in response to that tragedy was incredible.

An apology, at minimum, is necessary. The keyboard warriors need to move on to Facebook. There’s a lot of wonderful people here and ignorance is no excuse for being an @$$hole.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                                X