Sonora / Sutton County 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
    We’re low fence but a few neighboring ranches participated in the TP&W restocking program. They brought does in from a ranch out of Tilden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cool! I didn’t know TPWD did a restocking out there. So are those does off limits for any period of time? Are y’all passing on killing whitetails until numbers come back up? I didn’t have any anthrax here at my house, and numbers are good here, but I’m interested in case I ever get hit with it in the future.

Bisch

Comment

I have a few does on camera with white tags. I didn’t know if a neighboring ranch stocked them or tpwd. Our ranch got hit by anthrax and we are not shooting any does. From what I have heard we
      were on the edge of anthrax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
        Target acquired!

I would say so. Good luck sir.

Comment

Well I didn’t win a ranger this year at raffle! Dang it! They had a lot of good guns too!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
            Well I didn’t win a ranger this year at raffle! Dang it! They had a lot of good guns too!

Yeah I missed the dinner this year, took my Grandpa out and caught a mess a catfish. How was the dinner ?

Comment

You guys that get your deer processed locally , who are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post
                You guys that get your deer processed locally , who are you using?
                Jock Dutton at Sonora Deer Processing.

Comment

Heading West day after Thanksgiving cant wait! What kind of activity have Yall been seeing?

I've got about 12 days to spend at the lease, looking forward to spending a lot of time in the stand.

Comment

Here now. Seeing very good numbers, lots of new deer, small bucks chasing does but they dont have anything to do with them, its dry. Sorry have not posted in a while between work and chasing ducks up north I am sad to admit this is my first trip down.

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
                      Here now. Seeing very good numbers, lots of new deer, small bucks chasing does but they dont have anything to do with them, its dry. Sorry have not posted in a while between work and chasing ducks up north I am sad to admit this is my first trip down.
                      You got me beat! I haven’t even opened my bow case this year! At this point going to leave it that way! Take little man down before Christmas to put some meat in the freezer and stay on the slabs’

Comment

We will be down here prob about the same time. Holler if you want to meet up. I dusted the bow off for this trip and actually got to use it!!

Comment

Getting same reports from the landowner , small bucks pushing, does not receptive to it just yet.

my favorite time of year to be in the stand!
                          Last edited by AndyMane; 11-24-2021, 06:01 AM. Reason: SP

Comment

We will be down here prob about the same time. Holler if you want to meet up. I dusted the bow off for this trip and actually got to use it!!
                            Congrats! Glad y’all are seeing some numbers again

Comment

Still seeing the bachelor groups at the feeders and the young bucks are starting to run the younger doe around. Anyone seeing any good action? I’m thinking it should start getting hot and heavy next week

Comment

I'll be up there Friday afternoon, ill report back and update you guys on what I'm seeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X