2021-2022 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
    Its about that time to start a new thread for this upcoming season! We did not get a lot of rain in March or April in Llano county, some of our smaller ponds dried up but now they are full again. Opening day is only about 4 months away now and I am starting to see a few familiar faces at my feeders.

I hope we all have a great season this year!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Holy cow man. Good work

Comment

Blanco County was good to me last night. Biggest buck we've taken off the ranch. Such an exciting afternoon.,

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3117 1200.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	24666339

Name:	IMG_3072 1200.jpg
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	24666340

Name:	IMG_3111 1200.jpg
Size:	727.0 KB
ID:	24666341

Name:	IMG_3041 1200.jpg
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	24666342

Name:	IMG_3038 1200.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	24666343

Comment

That is a gorgeous buck with a lot of mass Casey! Congratulations sir!

Comment

Nice buck, Casey. Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats Casey, good one for sure

Comment

Great Buck Casey,Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                Blanco County was good to me last night. Biggest buck we've taken off the ranch. Such an exciting afternoon.,

[ATTACH]1068304[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1068305[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1068306[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1068307[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1068308[/ATTACH]

Nicely done!!! We hit the lease next weekend in Blanco. GETTING EXCITED!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Got a decent 8 point in Blanco County Saturday night. The shot isn't perfect but was enough to kill the deer. However, I called in Carroll Kelly and his dogs and they finished the job. By the time we caught up with the dogs, following the chase, the deer was essentially dead.

Blanco County Archery 8 Point - 2021 - YouTube
                  The angle was a little hard but that looked like a good shot. Did the broadhead skid along the rib cage? I would have expected that arrow to blow right thru him

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                    The angle was a little hard but that looked like a good shot. Did the broadhead skid along the rib cage? I would have expected that arrow to blow right thru him
                    It got offside shoulder. Took some lung out just not enough to make for a short track.

Comment

Anyone headed out this weekend? Weather looks perfect for this weekend, I'll be headed out after work for does and a cull.

Comment

Not I!! Too much family stuff this weekend. Hoping to get down next weekend to kill some does.

Comment

I get off work at 7am Saturday morning and then I’ll be burning up the roads to get to the ranch. My dad and my brother should already be there. Several wheat fields should be looking really nice with all the rain we’ve had in the last few weeks. I got a specific deer that I’ve wanted to kill and the last two years he’s made his only daylight appearances on November 14th. Call me crazy but I got my fingers crossed he makes that mistake again.

Comment

Been sitting in 3 different stands in Harper and the critter movement has changed dramatically since Saturday for the worst. The Bar o nuthin ranch sold off 600acs and they were flying buyers over the land with a low flying chopper ALL DAY saturday. Since then...no hogs, no mature deer.

Comment

Any updates on rut activity? Headed out Thursday for a couple days with my rifle. I’m still not seeing several of my bucks from last year. We didn’t have many acorns but the deee pulled off the feeders for a bit. Last check up was youth weekend. Daughter killed a mature 8 and I killed a doe with my bow a couple days prior. I’m not even seeing any cull bucks which is a nice change. But I’m apparently low on targets since I am a self proclaimed cull master now . They gotta be close to cranking up the rut action. My dad will be joining me frisk Thursday to Saturday morning. We don’t have any target deer currently. But the north wind will hopefully get the big boys on their feet and searching.

Comment

I shot a small 8 this morning in Harper that was chasing, fighting and scent checking all doe. He disappeared many times chasing smells but kept coming nack to the feeder where all the girls were. Crazy story...after i shot hom he headed straight for my blind. He crashed into it full steam and then bounced off it, rolled a bit and died on the trail. My blind was splattered with blood. Not my biggest buck, but one of the most memorable for sure. The rut is picking up!

Comment

Working...
                                X