Sonora / Sutton County 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobfromktown View Post
    We had a decent opening weekend, 189lb Whitetail was shot, biggest deer I have seen there....

You got some pics of that monster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bobfromktown View Post
      We had a decent opening weekend, 189lb Whitetail was shot, biggest deer I have seen there....
      Pre Anthrax we shot 3 bucks in 2017/2018 that were all in the 180 lb range hopefully we can work our way back to that.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
        Pre Anthrax we shot 3 bucks in 2017/2018 that were all in the 180 lb range hopefully we can work our way back to that.

Some heavy looking bucks! What time of the year were they shot?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
          Some heavy looking bucks! What time of the year were they shot?

1st to Mid November

Comment

My buck this year was 170#. He had a lot of fat!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We only do field dressed weights and we weigh all deer so hard to compare. On mature deer we want to see that nice fat layer on the rump and carried up through the backstraps. When field dressing a good layer of kidney fat is nice to see. Our deer right now are looking healthy as ever with the reduced pressure on natural forage.........

Comment

Sonora hunters , when do y'all typically see peak rut activity? Talking with some others I've been told the week before Thanksgiving while all the guys on my place say 2nd week of December.... I'm 7 miles east of town near the JL for reference.

Comment

I can only relay our experiences on our leased land. We tend to focus on early Dec for prime rut activity (of course this tends to slid a little depending on weather conditions). For the most part though we see several ruts not a rut. They tend to come in and out several days at a time for a period of time (if that makes since). We tend to see "new" dear towards the middle of Dec as they start to travel more looking for the late does.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post
                    Sonora hunters , when do y'all typically see peak rut activity? Talking with some others I've been told the week before Thanksgiving while all the guys on my place say 2nd week of December.... I'm 7 miles east of town near the JL for reference.
                    Originally posted by TexHunter12 View Post
                    I can only relay our experiences on our leased land. We tend to focus on early Dec for prime rut activity (of course this tends to slid a little depending on weather conditions). For the most part though we see several ruts not a rut. They tend to come in and out several days at a time for a period of time (if that makes since). We tend to see "new" dear towards the middle of Dec as they start to travel more looking for the late does.
                    This. Andy, we are just a little further east of you off Baker Rd. We start seeing some hard rutting activity the week of Thanksgiving thru the first few weeks of December. If I had to pick a couple weekends its usually prime I would say last weekend of November to 1st weekend of December.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      This. Andy, we are just a little further east of you off Baker Rd. We start seeing some hard rutting activity the week of Thanksgiving thru the first few weeks of December. If I had to pick a couple weekends its usually prime I would say last weekend of November to 1st weekend of December.
                      Thanks! thats exactly what im trying to do. Putting in some PTO and I wanna try and be there in the thick of it!

Comment

Thanks! thats exactly what im trying to do. Putting in some PTO and I wanna try and be there in the thick of it!
                        Look at the moon phase peak hunting time in that time frame and then pray for cold weather, You will be golden.

Comment

Just quit mid November and get a new job early January!

Comment

Andy I’m new to the area. What’s the JL? We too are east of town off bond rd.

Comment

Week after Thanksgiving

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Just quit mid November and get a new job early January!
                                I'd be a liar if I said the thought never crossed my mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X