Dallas Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    ESPN reporting Cowboys have waived Jalen (sp?) Smith.
    Wow! This is interesting

Comment

Good! He was a liability unless he was flexing and celebrating tackles 10 yards down the field.

Comment

Weird timing, I wonder who they’re making a roster spot for..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dallas Cowboys

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Weird timing, I wonder who they’re making a roster spot for..?

Keanu Neal comes back from Covid soon. …. Plus Jabril Cox needs some playing time.

Looks like in my reading that they had to pay him 7.2 million guaranteed this year due to an injury clause. (Off season wrist surgery) and if he gets hurt this year, 9.2 million next year guaranteed. I’m going to assume they kept him on the roster this year because they already had to pay him and figured he could add depth. He got passed over by younger, better, healthier players. The Twitterz said they cut him now so he wouldn’t get injured on their watch and they’d be on the hook for 9.2 mil next year guaranteed for a guy that would be nothing but depth. Too expensive and frees up some next year money.

Wonder what he spent to buy up all the # 54 jersey inventory to wear #9 for these 4 games?[emoji33][emoji41]
          Last edited by Smart; 10-05-2021, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Good! He was a liability unless he was flexing and celebrating tackles 10 yards down the field.

https://twitter.com/texas_william/st...111663116?s=10
            My thoughts as well. Made a lot of tackles for 5-7 yard gains then flexed every time.

Comment

Won’t miss “the swipe”…..as everyone said…..10 yards downfield….lol
              Last edited by Passthrough; 10-06-2021, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Here’s a better worded explanation from a Cowboys beat writer …

Comment

Dallas Cowboys

Another wasted 2nd round pick, with a contract…this is why Jerrah doesn’t win Super Bowls…

Comment

So what happened to this guy? I did t watch many games last year but I know the defense was horrible. Was it not the year before that he and Vander Esch we’re flying all over the field making tackles??

Did he just get the contract and decide to sand-bag it or was he just not ever good?

Comment

Another wasted 2nd round pick, with a contract…this is why Jerrah doesn’t win Super Bowls…

My first thought was "another terrible Jerry contract..."

Comment

Well hopefully Trevon Diggs, taken in the second round by Jerrah, will develop and keep you from grabbing the low hanging fruit ....

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                          My first thought was "another terrible Jerry contract..."

No doubt about that...I was hoping he would further improve after his one pretty solid year. It's almost as if Jerry, felt bad for his story and just took care of him.

Comment

Jalen was a gamble pic anyway. He had his flashes but I'm not upset to see him go... I'm doubtful any Cowboys fan is.

This team is about to get stronger ... we are deep in almost every position on the DEFENSE... finally.

Comment

all I can say is, good riddance. Move on.

So now are they going to pick up Gilmour from the Patriots? He was just released as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Well hopefully Trevon Diggs, taken in the second round by Jerrah, will develop and keep you from grabbing the low hanging fruit ....
                                I'm glad you mentioned Diggs, perfect example of what a 2nd round pick should look like...I think he'd go mid 1st round if they redrafted that year.

As opposed to someone who can't play for a year and a half, then gets cut in year 4??? Would have been cut last year if not for the bad contract. Jaylon Smith was actually negative value...we'd been better off not even having that pick.lol

It's good to see Gregory finally able to contribute! That 2nd round pick only took a major rule change, and 3 or 4 years to see the field. If he plays for league minimum for the next 4 years, that one may pay off.

Comment

Working...
                                X