2021-2022 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
    After last nights rain we are up to 5”!! I’m guessing I won’t be hunting this weekend, but man am I thankful. Hopefully our ponds filled up!!
    It shows 3.33 for us as of right now. I had planned on heading out Sunday morning from the house and hunting through Tuesday morning. Guess we'll see as they are calling for more rain. But like you said I'm very thankful for the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
      It shows 3.33 for us as of right now. I had planned on heading out Sunday morning from the house and hunting through Tuesday morning. Guess we'll see as they are calling for more rain. But like you said I'm very thankful for the rain.
      Yes sir. We’ll see what happens between now and Friday afternoon. The good thing is I have other places I can go, the bad thing is my target buck is coming in like clockwork right now and he has a tendency to break up once November hits. Due to travel softball I’m not sure when I’ll make it back down, but I’m not too concerned. I’m thankful for the rain and everything will work out one way or the other.

Comment

My parents went up and checked rain gauges today. 4.6” in the front and 5.0” in the back. Surprisingly the ponds caught very very little water and the creeks aren’t running. Also all the roads are in good shape. Very surprised

Comment

This thread is dead….

Target buck down yesterday afternoon. Hopefully I’ll have a video put together before the end of the week
          Attached Files

Comment

Good looking deer puncher! If anyone needs a dog please give me a holler 830-971-4091.

Comment

This thread is dead….

Target buck down yesterday afternoon. Hopefully I’ll have a video put together before the end of the week
              Nice buck! Lots of doe and small bucks out of Menard.

Comment

Good job. Congrats on a great deer.

Comment

Congrats! That main beam is still my favorite part of that deer. Looks like a good one

Comment

My Hill Country deer from yesterday in the rain. He went about 50 yards. Where we hunt there is no aging deer. They get shot if they have stuff protruding from their heads. We mainly focus on axis.

But I like him!

Comment

Great looking deer Kevin!

Comment

A little video from my afternoon hunt. I let him walk...this time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whhifU0wcmY"]Bomb South 8 Pointer - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Nice buck, Kevin.

Comment

This thread is dead….

Nice looking buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations Kevin!

Comment

My Lometa Buck 10 min after light yesterday
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X