2021-2022 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
    Thank you! He had right at 24" beams and scored 153" at 7 years old.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Heck of a deer. Congrats man!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Heck of a deer. Congrats man!
      Thank you!

Comment

Thank you!

I remember seeing that post now! Go show those pics to that ole boy in the spike thread that thinks deer peak at 4-5

Comment

It’s about that time!! I’m looking forward to muddy roads and lots of beautiful young bucks like this one to photograph!
          Attached Files

Comment

Like every other year I’m going to be surprised. I have not been to my lease in a couple months, don’t have any cameras or feeders. However, I’m sure I’ll be happy with what I see and the experiences I have over the next couple months

Comment

Acorns in Llano County

What does the acorn crop look like this year in Llano County?I will be hunting there the first week of the General Season.
              Last edited by MtnMike; 09-27-2021, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I remember seeing that post now! Go show those pics to that ole boy in the spike thread that thinks deer peak at 4-5
                I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw that post.

I love the age progression pictures like that. Gonna be some good ones come out of that part of the world this year. Heck the cold rainy weather may get a bunch of them killed opening weekend. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Go show those pics to that ole boy in the spike thread that thinks deer peak at 4-5

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                    I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw that post.

I love the age progression pictures like that. Gonna be some good ones come out of that part of the world this year. Heck the cold rainy weather may get a bunch of them killed opening weekend. Good luck everyone!
                    I expected to see some of my bucks explode this year with our range conditions. Instead they are MIA for now

Guess I’ll see what starts coming onto our place since they are getting out of their summer pattern.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210918_145919.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	24662629

Name:	Resized_20210918_202529.jpg
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	24662630

Name:	Resized_20210919_072629.jpg
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	24662631

Name:	20210919_073056.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24662632

Went a couple of weekends ago. Saw a ton of deer but no really big bucks. Saw a really small fawn. It's pretty dry so I'm hoping we pick up some rain this week. Killed 3 pigs as well

Comment

3.81” for the afternoon! I hope it continues!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                          3.81” for the afternoon! I hope it continues!
                          The closest LCRA reporting spot to our lease shows 2.17 inches of rain today!!! I'm thankful for every drop.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                            The closest LCRA reporting spot to our lease shows 2.17 inches of rain today!!! I'm thankful for every drop.
                            After last nights rain we are up to 5”!! I’m guessing I won’t be hunting this weekend, but man am I thankful. Hopefully our ponds filled up!!

Comment

Thank you!

Looks like we hunt about 20 miles apart. This age progression would really help guys on my lease. Amazing how many great bucks are shot at 4.5. Patients definitely pays off. Congrats to you and one hell of a buck.

Comment

Yup got to let them get old. Sometimes in certain situations it’s almost impossible but if possible let them get to at least 7.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X