2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
    Worked on ponds in Garwood today. Saw one teal in a rice field. Hoping for a bunch more.
    We were there during the middle of the day though. Prairie is dry dry. Pumps will be running soon.

Comment

Anyone making a trip to nodak for the duck opener? I'll be there October 7-11 trying to kill some field ducks

Comment

Originally posted by BearStrike2010 View Post
        Anyone making a trip to nodak for the duck opener? I'll be there October 7-11 trying to kill some field ducks
        We were suppose to go up the 8-13/14 but something came up so we arent going to make it this year

Comment

Good numbers of teal showing up on the rice prairies west of Houston. I've got blinds cleaned and prepped. Lodge work weekend complete. Water kicked off on 5 ponds that have been worked. Finally found some good ammo! Just need to keep working my dog into shape. In a weird way I like the preparation for duck season as much as the hunting. It's hot but its a good excuse to connect to the resource and enjoy the outdoors with like minded family and friends.

Comment

Pin Oak- where did you snag the ammo if you don’t mind sharing

Has anyone found ammo on the north side of houston?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Pin Oak- where did you snag the ammo if you don’t mind sharing

Has anyone found ammo on the north side of houston?
              If you like 3.5", it's fairly easy to find online still. I snagged some 2.75" xperts from Cabelas. Roger had some 3" Blackcloud, but only in #4s. Other than that steel is pretty much unobtanium. Haven't seen any in academy in a while.

Comment

For those who are looking for steel 12ga duck loads in stock:

12ga 3.5" #2

Browning BXD Waterfowl 12 Gauge Shotgun Ammunition 3-1/2" 1-1/2 Ounce - Case. Non-Toxic Steel Shot. BXD Waterfowl Extra Distance is launched at high velocities utilizing an optimized long-range wad and plated round steel shot. Combining round steel with a cutting edge wad design results in a lethal combination of energy retention penetration and pattern density that is critical in achieving long-range performance. A global leader in offering quality and innovative firearms Browning now introduces a new full-line of superior performance ammunition for hunting personal defense and target shooting. Browning and Winchester developed this full line of ammunition products under the Browning brand. The Browning Ammunition portfolio includes popular ammunition offerings in rifle shotgun handgun and rimfire featuring advanced technologies for hunters and shooters.Browning BXD Waterfowl 12 Gauge Shotgun Ammunition 3-1/2" 1-1/2 Ounce Specifications:High VelocityMaximum downrange energyFocused energy depositGauge/Bore: 12Shell Length: 3-1/2"Shot Weight: 1-1/2 ozShot Size: #2 and BBShot Type: Non-toxic steel25 Rounds Per Box 10 Boxes Per Case...

12ga 3" #2

https://www.mackspw.com/WINCHESTER-BLINDSIDE12GA-3-1400FPS-1-3-8OZ

12ga 2-3/4" #2 and #4
                WINCHESTER AMMUNITION Waterfowl Win WEX12 Xpert Hi-Velocity 12ga 2.75" 1-1/8 oz, 25Box/10Case Xpert Hi- Velocity steel shotshells are an entirely family of value priced high performance steel shotshells. The Xpert Hi Velocity loads deliver a sizzling velocity of up to 1550 fps for an incredible boost in superior bird bagging. SPECIFICATIONS: Mfg Item Number: WEX12  Category: SHOTSHELL STEEL LOADS Gauge :12 Gauge Type :Xpert Length :2.75" Ounces :1-1/16 oz Muzzle Velocity :1550 fps Rounds Per Box :25 Boxes Per Case :10 Shot Type :High Velocity Application...

12ga 2-3/4" #3,
                A classic trucker cap style with the DPF quality and fit you've come to expect, the DPF Mesh Back Cap will quickly become a favorite hat both on and off the water.

12ga 3" #2,3,4
                Black Cloud FS Steel is now equipped with the FLITECONTROL FLEX wad to deliver improved pattern density and consistency through both ported and standard waterfowl chokes. Buy the Federal PWBX142 BlackCloud II Steel Shotshells and other great Federal products at Rogers Sporting Goods!

12ga 3" #2
                Its high-performance primer and fast-burning powder dramatically reduce residue, while its optimized velocities knock birds out of the sky. Buy the Federal Speed-Shok Steel Waterfowl 12 GA 3" 1 1/8 oz and other great Federal Ammunition products at Rogers Sporting Goods!

Comment

And for the 20ga crowd:

20ga 2-3/4" #4,6,7
                  Federal Speed-Shok Steel Ammunition. 20 Gauge, 2 3/4 inch Shot Shells. Built for performance at a value price and featuring uniformly round pellets for tighter shot patterns. Speed-Shok also features high-a density plastic wad with a gas-sealing flange for efficiency!

Comment

Thanks for the links. Looks like some is coming in. Rogers only had 1 of those yesterday.

Comment

Yes, inventory has been constantly changing. Been watching it since the end of the season. I bought a couple of cases. 1 back in May and 1 back in June to add to my stash. Each for different guns. Already had over a case and half of various. And plenty of supplies for reloading steel and non-tox for a while now.

Just thought I'd try to help a few out who are having trouble finding stuff.

I will say Rodgers has very fast shipping. Seems like anything I order from them arrives at my door step 3-4 days later. Including shells.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-01-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Not ducks! But my new pup did good this evening! Held rock steady, retrieved the only two birds. Second was a blind.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve picked up 4 packs of federal 3” 12ga speed steel in 2s and 4s for $45 recently. I already had a case of 20ga from last year so no more than I go I should be set!

Comment

I probably have at least a dozen cases of waterfowl shells, i buy the big sales every year.

This year nada. I keep looking and nobody is having any good sales or rebates.

Stock is really low it looks like also. Ive definitely never seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              I probably have at least a dozen cases of waterfowl shells, i buy the big sales every year.

This year nada. I keep looking and nobody is having any good sales or rebates.

Stock is really low it looks like also. Ive definitely never seen that.
                              You looked at Simmons Sporting Goods? They had a bunch come in but not sure if they still have them

Comment

They are here!! Just had 3 BWT land in the pond Front of the house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X