No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited for the season. Going to be roughing it on public from the kayak.

Comment

I may be out for awhile With this Hurricane my heads and Ecm are at nicks right now getting worked on and he is in new Iberia. not looking for for them over that way

Comment

y'all really think its population and pressure as much as all of the DU projects between here and Canada that has the ducks short stopping before they get here?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          y'all really think its population and pressure as much as all of the DU projects between here and Canada that has the ducks short stopping before they get here?
          I was reading that some of those DU projects up north run some type of heating elements in the water to keep them from freezing over..

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
            I was reading that some of those DU projects up north run some type of heating elements in the water to keep them from freezing over..
            I think it’s a mixture of things. I think warmer winters with not as much freezing up, shift in agriculture and other food sources for the birds and some species that traditionally migrated on hours of daylight in a day evolving into a more weather based migratory pattern. There’s no doubt in my mind that the nesting grounds were in trouble this year with the drought they had but I think it’s more of a culmination of things.

Comment

Saw about 40 teal while fishing Matty today.

Comment

Touched up some blinds in chambers county and saw 200-300 teal this AM

Let’s gooooooooooo

Comment

Finishing up some electrical on the boat today. Installing a bluetooth shunt and battery cut-off switch for the Lithium battery. I'll be breaking out the boat blind and redressing it pretty soon.

Comment

Anyone know of a quack rack for sale for a full size Polaris ranger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Worked on ponds in Garwood today. Saw one teal in a rice field. Hoping for a bunch more.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        Saw about 40 teal while fishing Matty today.
                        A few more each day.... I love to teal hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwolftx View Post
                          Excited for the season. Going to be roughing it on public from the kayak.
                          Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                          I may be out for awhile With this Hurricane my heads and Ecm are at nicks right now getting worked on and he is in new Iberia. not looking for for them over that way
                          If they are done let me know. I'll probably drive thru the area a couple times before next week and might be able to pick them up. I was there yesterday. Glad to see locals evacuating and not trying to ride it out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by gatorgar; 08-29-2021, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman AB View Post
                            It’s about that time boys. Got my blind permit in for the wallisville project.
                            Been hunting there for a while

Comment

Where is this? (I'm sure wallisville, but where?). Got any more info?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                                Where is this? (I'm sure wallisville, but where?). Got any more info?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
                                upper end off trinity bay. Old / lost river / trinity river. About 25 minutes east of mont belvieu

Comment

Working...
                                X