No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy this season, because all indications are that they are going to severely cut bag limits and season length next year. Pray for a lot of snow/rain on the Canadian prairie next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Sad ,but true! C'mon 39 days & 3 ducks.
      couldn't agree more

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Enjoy this season, because all indications are that they are going to severely cut bag limits and season length next year. Pray for a lot of snow/rain on the Canadian prairie next spring.

GOOD!!!!

Comment

About time. We've had liberal limits and "record numbers of birds" for the last few years, yet all I've heard is part timers whining there's no ducks. Cut the limit, help the birds, and weed out a bunch of duck dynasty wannabes in the process. Sounds like a win.

Comment

Will be in the marsh brushing in blinds tomorrow AM. Hoping to get there right at daylight to see what birds might already be trickling in

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
            About time. We've had liberal limits and "record numbers of birds" for the last few years, yet all I've heard is part timers whining there's no ducks. Cut the limit, help the birds, and weed out a bunch of duck dynasty wannabes in the process. Sounds like a win.
            Cutting limits doesn't do as much as you think for the population. It's all about nesting habitat and predator control. I've been duck hunting for over 50 years, and I haven't seen any correlation between supposed duck numbers and the number that I kill either. Yea, I'd like to see fewer of what I call the "social media duck darlings", but they will move around and still hunt wherever they can to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Comment

Yes. We are going to need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's one thing to reduce the limits for short term, but one thing I have seen from Saltwater fish limits being reduced is they are unlikely to ever return. Lets go out with a bang lol

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                  It's one thing to reduce the limits for short term, but one thing I have seen from Saltwater fish limits being reduced is they are unlikely to ever return. Lets go out with a bang lol
                  True, but my dads told me stories about how the limits back in the late 60's and through a large part of the '70's was like 3, maybe 4 (never mind the point system). Once the populations rebounded though they upped the limits again.

On a positive note, the low bag limits finally drove him to get into deer hunting, which has the been greatest, albeit most costly, thing that happened to us both. LOL

Comment

I remember the point system very well.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

It’s about that time boys. Got my blind permit in for the wallisville project.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                        Been chasing waterfowl for 50+ yrs. The limits have came up & down. Too much pressure IMO to keep limits high to bring in $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman AB View Post
                          It’s about that time boys. Got my blind permit in for the wallisville project.
                          Good Luck this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            True, but my dads told me stories about how the limits back in the late 60's and through a large part of the '70's was like 3, maybe 4 (never mind the point system). Once the populations rebounded though they upped the limits again.

On a positive note, the low bag limits finally drove him to get into deer hunting, which has the been greatest, albeit most costly, thing that happened to us both. LOL

It’s gotten **** expensive to duck hunt too. And I do both! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                              Heck yeah I am ready. I would gladly give up half the bag limit to watch the birds work again and not have some flatbiller with a go pro on his head skyblasting next to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Been chasing waterfowl for 50+ yrs. The limits have came up & down. Too much pressure IMO to keep limits high to bring in $$$.
                                [

Yall listen to this man. Hes probably shot more ducks and hunted longer than anyone here. LIke me FVR wants to see smaller bag limits in hopes the boobs will give up and go back to beer pong or something else to get their rocks off.

At 43 I remember the tail end of the point system and the 3 bird limit is what ran us out of the marsh and airboat business. It got to expensive on one wallet for 12 ducks a weekend.

Even during the 3 bird limit Teal DOMINATED east mattagorda. I remember flights of 50-60 birds decoy group after group. It didnt make sense you could only kill 3. On more than one occasion your limit was over in one shot. We moved to the KP and gravy hunts and the limit went back up. Public green was fairly easy once it got good and cold then the barneys came. Google earth and boom scouters took the actual work of finding your own spot

Went from getting to the ramp an hour before legal to 2 hours. Then I just bought a faster boat. Even after beating barney to the spot he would throw a fit cause he got beat and you didnt let him hunt with you. So of course he ran his lawnmower across the lake to blow his kazoo and skybust everything in the county
                                Last edited by Quackerbox; 08-27-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X