2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
    Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to ship ducks/meat while on an out of state hunt.

Will be flying up to Mass on a seaduck hunt in January. Should I bring a cooler and just fly the meat/birds home with me? Or ship it via ups overnight?

I figure either way will be expensive.
    You can take or buy there, a medium size cooler, use dry ice and secure it with duck tape. You can check it like an extra bag. $40 on American Airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
      You can take or buy there, a medium size cooler, use dry ice and secure it with duck tape. You can check it like an extra bag. $40 on American Airlines.
      Have you ever eaten sea ducks?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post

No kidding! I don't much care for puddle ducks, sure wouldn't pay extra to ship home sea ducks! I would mail ones I wanted for the wall to Birdman before I left and be done with it!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
            Have you?
            I know several people who've hunted them, and none of them ate them. If they are anything like scaup or ring necks, no thanks.

Comment

Why shoot them if you or someone else ain't going to eat them? I guess for the facebook pics? Kudos to the guy for wanting to try them.

Comment

Prasek’s can make any duck taste good in a tamale. I bet the sea ducks would be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  Anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to ship ducks/meat while on an out of state hunt.

Will be flying up to Mass on a seaduck hunt in January. Should I bring a cooler and just fly the meat/birds home with me? Or ship it via ups overnight?

I figure either way will be expensive.
                  Who you gonna hunt with?

Comment

What’s up guys I just found out there is a tbh duck hunting groups I’m a new to the duck hunting scene but have done plenty of dove and deer hunting
                    So I got a lot of questions like how many public areas are there to duck hunt? In texas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishtank401 View Post
                      What’s up guys I just found out there is a tbh duck hunting groups I’m a new to the duck hunting scene but have done plenty of dove and deer hunting
                      So I got a lot of questions like how many public areas are there to duck hunt? In texas

Quite a few throughout the state, you might look into getting the on x app.

Comment

Quite a few, just gotta put in the work to figure which ones produce. Public ducks ain't easy to stay on, and most guys who can are tight lipped for good reason. Buy the annual hunt permit from tpwd and they'll send you a book with all the places and rules. Try a few near you.

Comment

We're full. Moose out front should have told you.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                            Public ducks ain't easy to stay on, and most guys who can are tight lipped for good reason.
                            This guy gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                              Why shoot them if you or someone else ain't going to eat them? I guess for the facebook pics? Kudos to the guy for wanting to try them.
                              That's the society we live in. It's all about the tailgate and Instagram pics. How many likes can I get?

Flatbill gonna leave those ducks in the bed of his 30k utv while he eats breakfast then say whoops

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                That's the society we live in. It's all about the tailgate and Instagram pics. How many likes can I get?

Flatbill gonna leave those ducks in the bed of his 30k utv while he eats breakfast then say whoops

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                Sad ,but true! C'mon 39 days & 3 ducks.

Comment

Working...
                                X