Lake Dunlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Do those dewsh bag boats come with the white frame sunglasses and affliction shirt?
    Dude.. so 2017. 4" inseam bathing suits and tank tops are the rage these days

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
      Dude.. so 2017. 4" inseam bathing suits and tank tops are the rage these days
      Back in the day OP shorts..... Fashion always comes full circle. I remember laughing at the old men wearing black socks with tennis shoes.....

Comment

I know (not close but from the same town) the guy selling that 205k mastercraft. I had talked to his cousin and they were considering using a telehandler to get under the roof of the lift house and pull it out that way, but wound up being able to back under it. Very very sketchy ordeal with that much money teetering in the air.

Comment

Instagram video here pulling out boat:

51 likes, 6 comments - lakelifeservice on May 20, 2019: "Another successful boat recovery on Lake Dunlap! Call us for a quote: 830-837-3985 #lakedunlap #b..."

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            I wish they would ban skiers and wake boarding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or we could ban fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
              Or we could ban fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
                Or we could ban fishing.
                Valid point but due to the huge amount of revenue generated from license and permit sales the state would never even consider it. That's how the wakeboarding ban was implemented, it was simple due to no $$ generation.

Comment

What's the word on this lake? I just thought about it as I haven't heard anything lately?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wounder how much it would cost to do over sized sand bags as they do when levees break?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4pw-G91Lbo"]Crews Fill Oversized Sandbags To Shore Up Levees - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbYwxFiG2d8"]Sand Bags Plugging 17th St. Canal Levee Breach After Hurricane Katrina - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                      What's the word on this lake? I just thought about it as I haven't heard anything lately?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                      Residents are looking into created a taxing water district.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                        I wish they would ban skiers and wake boarding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Lived on Lake Placid for several years and the skiers, wake boarders, and jet skiers were a pain if you were a fisherman. The noise from boat speakers and jet skis spoiled the peace and quiet I associate with a lakefront home. On the holiday use weekends (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, etc) we just left our place and went somewhere else.

When it came to fishing, I just waited until after dark and started, fishing the lighted docks. My solution would be to make the two different uses alternate days---say even days for fishing, odd days for wakeboards, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          $205K for a little Mastercraft? Geezus. Can you post that IG link?
                          205 some are more. Im a ****** bag MC owner but mine aint work that much.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                            Some of the lakes, out near Abilene have banned wakeboarding...
                            Lucky bastages

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              Lived on Lake Placid for several years and the skiers, wake boarders, and jet skiers were a pain if you were a fisherman. The noise from boat speakers and jet skis spoiled the peace and quiet I associate with a lakefront home. On the holiday use weekends (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, etc) we just left our place and went somewhere else.

When it came to fishing, I just waited until after dark and started, fishing the lighted docks. My solution would be to make the two different uses alternate days---say even days for fishing, odd days for wakeboards, etc.
                              Went to school at TLU TLC back in the day and spent lots of days on Lake Placid. Way to small and way too many boats and jet skis. Was back then can't imagine how bad it is these days. I also lived on McQueeny for awhile and it is horrible as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                                205 some are more. Im a ****** bag MC owner but mine aint work that much.
                                Just saw this.... I was picking up parts for my super air a few weeks ago and they mentioned you can option out a 20' G25 for over 300 now.

Comment

Working...
                                X