No announcement yet.

Scheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great store, but carry Matthew's, Hoyt and Bowtech. There goes your smaller bow shops

Comment

got to check this out asap

Comment

Never heard of them until last week while online shopping for a traegar tailgater. Found one at a great price and purchased it from them. Was delivered in 3 days with no issues. Will definitely use them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
          Great store, but carry Matthew's, Hoyt and Bowtech. There goes your smaller bow shops
          We ain’t skeert.

Comment

Made it up today, for the first time.
            Dads 80th, so I took him up their.
            Awesome place, and didn't even have to wear a mask.
            Made it a point to thank them for giving me the choice.
            Talked to several employees at length about the company.
            All of them had lots of experience/degrees that catered to their expertise.
            The girl in the active sportswear, was a previous coach, and finished her masters degree in Monticello, AR at the high-school.
            She introduced me to the girl in shoes, and I bought some Solomon quest in the process.
            She was a former running coach of some kind.
            Go figure.
            They told me about the training, and knowledge required to be hired there.
            She said basically you had to be a expert(very knowledgeable) in your field to even be hired.
            Just like the sign reads.
            For the guys upstairs, she said it's even worse.
            Lots of training classes, having to pass test, ongoing education(classes), etc.. in your field.
            So upstairs my dad put that theory to the test and we spent about 3 hrs in the gun section while he put em through the mill.
            He burned em before to long, but for the most part they a very knowledgeable, and confirmed what the girls down stairs told us.
            1 of the guys had been gunsmith, etc.
            They study manuels, learn everything there is to know about each gun they sale, etc..
            Somewhere in the conversation, he said they are looking into carrying more custom rifles.
            I asked who, and he mentioned APR.
            Lots of people have ask them about their guns, according to him.
            Thought that was pretty cool.
            Disclaimer-I know nothing about anything between these 2 companies, just a conversation with an employee.
            All in all we were blown away, by the service.
            Lots of the employees moved down from stores up North, and they make sure everyone is on point before they ever open.
            Also it's nothing like a Bass Pro, or Cabelas.
            It's basically Academy on steroids, without the idiot employees.
            Has a bath bomb section, home decor section, bike shop, etc..
            Extremely clean and nice.
            We dumped a couple grand on them and left happy campers.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              Been to one in Fargo ND. Good prices and quality stuff from what I remember. they had Nightforce and Zeiss and high end rifles as well. And the people there seemed to know what they were talking about! That mighta been the biggest *******!
              Dying (which one of you admin/mods wrote $h0cker into the cuss catcher!? Lmao!!!!!!!!!) Y’all dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
                Looking forward to this. Cabelas and Basspro have have lost me. Going into the Allen Cabelas store is just depressing any more. Understaffed, undertrained, and poor inventory. You can tell the morale is low too. More a lifestyle store than a serious sporting goods store. I've got some points to spend. After that I'll be cancelling my credit card with them if Scheels is everything they say it is. Looks like Scheels has the same points system.

I’m in the same boat. Grew up on Cabelas. It was the end all for my ol man. Now it’s such a $h!t show; Buda and Ft Worth. I’m done. And BPS is even worse.
                I’m not interested I giving the BPS enterprise any more of my money. They’re staffed by minimum wage halfwits. Done

Comment

Yeah my days of bass pro and cabelas are done. Im a scheels customer now. They have everything and beyond.

Comment

Took my 8 year old son a few weeks ago...it’s an amazing store. Was shocked that they stocked salt water fish bites...and they were cheaper than online.

Comment

The store in Overland Park, KS has everything including a Ferris Wheel! I am sure the Colony store will, also. As others have posted, it is BPS and Cabela's on steroids. It is a great place to shop. Customer service is excellent!

Comment

It is a great alternative to BPS/Cabelas. I've been to the one in The Colony a couple of times and it is huge. I don't think the prices are all that great. I thought they were actually a tad more expensive than other places. They do have a tremendous selection of just about everything you could want.

Comment

Have a bunch up north, they have a lot but its pricy.

Comment

That is good news. I will make a plan to visit soon.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                              Yeah my days of bass pro and cabelas are done. Im a scheels customer now. They have everything and beyond.
                              Me,and you both.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                                Passed by a Scheels location in The Colony set to open April 2020 yesterday. Went to their website and was surprised to see that they offer bows from companies like Matthews and Hoyt, which you would never see in Cabelas/Bass Pro. Anyone have any experience with this store?
                                My buddies dad works for one in ND. He makes it sound like the best store ever... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X