Part 2-2019 Saltwater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
    Caught them as fast as you could cast this morning. Easily caught 75 fish. I passed you guys just as y’all were getting out of the water. I was going to stop grab y’all, but couldn’t get there in time. Huge concentrations of birds closer to surfside. Glad I had the boat because they were about 100 yards out of wade casting distance. Most of them around 15-16” and a bunch of dink’s. Fun morning.
    It was the same where you saw us. Should have stopped for a beer

From about 640 to 730 it was literally every cast. Just 90% sandies. I strung 5 for dinner

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      It was the same where you saw us. Should have stopped for a beer

From about 640 to 730 it was literally every cast. Just 90% sandies. I strung 5 for dinner

I was going to stop on my way back to the ramp, but it was pretty choppy at that point and still saw some guys in the water. Wasn’t sure who was who and didn’t wanna motor through someones spot. All specks under the birds. Sandies were down low in the water.

Comment

conditions are looking favorable in the morning too.

Comment

never been wade fishing but yall make it sound like a durn hoot!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
            never been wade fishing but yall make it sound like a durn hoot!
            It's like going bowhunting for the first time after gun hunting all your life!! It will change the way you fish!

Comment

Surf was deteriorating pretty quickly when we left. I saw you come through there at the end Cody. Bite was unreal just a bunch of dinks. I caught a handful of sand trout but most of mine were specks, just dink’s. Lots of borderline 15” fish. I ended up string 5 trout. Threw back a few that were too close for comfort. All in all a pretty good morning. Everybody caught fish. Not sure how many guys were with us but there was a point in the morning where everybody in our group was catching a fish every single cast.

Comment

If we got to play by Louisiana rules we have killed some **** fish this morning. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  If we got to play by Louisiana rules we have killed some **** fish this morning. Lol
                  Ain't that the truth!!!

Cody that was us

Comment

Well, gentlemen, I ain't seen no pics!! ?? We who are stranded havin' to work for a livin' are dependin' on y'all what's got time to actually fish to hepp us out here and feed us some picktures so's we can hope and wish...
                    An' besides, y'all know the rules!

Comment

Thanks for driving Chris it was a hoot. Once again met some good dudes and harrassed a couple others

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Well, gentlemen, I ain't seen no pics!! ?? We who are stranded havin' to work for a livin' are dependin' on y'all what's got time to actually fish to hepp us out here and feed us some picktures so's we can hope and wish...
                      An' besides, y'all know the rules!
                      [emoji16]

Last edited by Quackerbox; 07-12-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I’m heading down to Rockport for a weekend trip with a couple of buds.

TBH ladies (Mary, Colette and Jeanette) are making their annual trip to wade the LLM with Pop.

Hopefully we’ll be able to produce a few pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

I think the surf may be out of the question in the morning (going to run through the pass and take a look either way) if it’s bad I’ll head back into west bay for anyone wanting to go.

Comment

It was a great morning! Met some good guys & flat wore out some fish. Like stated, for awhile it was every cast. A few sandies mixed in ,but mostly specks. Doesn't get much better than today, unless they are all keepers. Thanks again Phillip!

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
                              I think the surf may be out of the question in the morning (going to run through the pass and take a look either way) if it’s bad I’ll head back into west bay for anyone wanting to go.
                              Was that you by yourself that came through about 10:30?
                              If you have room tomorrow may take you up on the offer.

Comment

Anyone heard from Mayham?

Wondering if I need to withdraw bail money before the bank closes [emoji41][emoji51]

Comment

Working...
                                X