No announcement yet.

Bee Cave, TX Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We love Opies. Friday night they have prime rib...............

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      Lol BeeCave is not really a place anymore—more like a neighborhood of Austin.
      Appreciate the help.

Comment

Hey Tim, If your looking for BBQ try Opies BBQ in Spicewood up hwy 71. If your looking for something to do hit up Krause Spring which is right by Opies.

Comment

All good advice. Sonesta has a nice roof top bar, if you are into that sort of thing. Another vote for It's All Good BBQ. Maudie's is also popular. The Gingerman in the Galleria has a ton of beers on tap. Check out Pace Bend Park if you wanna get cool off. If you wanna try some local booze, hit up Spicewood Vineyards or Iron Wolf Distillery. They are about 2-minutes apart.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
            All good advice. Sonesta has a nice roof top bar, if you are into that sort of thing. Another vote for It's All Good BBQ. Maudie's is also popular. The Gingerman in the Galleria has a ton of beers on tap. Check out Pace Bend Park if you wanna get cool off. If you wanna try some local booze, hit up Spicewood Vineyards or Iron Wolf Distillery. They are about 2-minutes apart.
            We're staying at the Sonesta. The after party is on the rooftop lounge (open bar ) and the wedding ceremony, itself, is at Spicewood Vineyard Lol Good call, bud.

Comment

Comment

Hudson's on the Bend is good. If you go out towards Briarcliff there is a hamburger joint I think it is called Mikes. Good burgers but not a fancy place LOL.

Comment

I out on the Rosie's tamale house recommendation. Any mexican restaurant that doesnt serve fajitas regularly or let me enjoy a margarita or cold beer with my meal if I should so choose isnt the mexican restaurant for me.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                    Wife and I love Spicewood Vineyards and used to be members (cutting back on expenses), and wanted to try Iron Wolf but haven't yet.

Comment

I hate to say it but as much as Bee Cave has grown, we really don't have much in the way of night life. Close by is Poodies or the Oasis, almost unlimited choices if you go into Austin proper. For local eats I would second Opies (sells out early, recommend the baby backs and butterbeans) in Spicewood and Verdes on Hamilton pool road. I live across the street from Rosies and haven't set foot in that place in at least 10 years, it's that bad. Schmidt family BBQ is hit or miss, and seems worse at lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        We love Opies. Friday night they have prime rib...............
                        X2 on Opies. Live 5 minuets away and never been disappointed.

Comment

So several votes FOR Opie's and a single "NO!" Guess someone just caught them on a bad day.

Comment

I grew up out there. It's not really a town, just a suburb of Austin. We used to drive 15 minutes to eat at Barbara Ellen's, Rosies, or Springhill Cafe. Those were pretty much the only businesses out there other than a couple of gift shops and a neat little nursery, Living Desert Cactus.
                            Now it's solid shopping centers, restaurants and apartments.

No one has mentioned Schmidt Family Barbecue. It's next door to Sportsman's Finest (also a neat place to check out.) I like Schmidts better than Opies.

Comment

I have only eaten at Opie’s out that way. Has always been good. Need to try Schmidt Family BBQ sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                                I have only eaten at Opie’s out that way. Has always been good. Need to try Schmidt Family BBQ sometime.
                                Reminds me of the Luling City Market

Comment

Working...
                                X