Bee Cave, TX Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bee Cave, TX Recs

Headed to an OUTDOOR wedding this weekend We're staying in Bee Cave Fri/Sat night.

I am totally unfamiliar with the area so looking for recommendations for a couple cool places to eat (dinner fri/lunch Sat). Maybe some cool bars to check out some live music afterwards.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

The Grove and Izumi Sushi would be my choices

Comment

Drive down to Salt Lick for BBQ its not too far.

Comment

It's All Good BBQ.

Comment

South Congress or Rainey Street.

Comment

Poodies Hilltop bar and grill for live music. 10 minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteZ28Bow View Post
              South Congress or Rainey Street.
              Are those restaurants or areas to check out? Again, totally unfamiliar with the area.

Thanks, fellas.

Comment

Don’t go to Opie’s in Spicewood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rosie's tamale house is old school Tex-Mex. It has looked the exact same with the exact same menu my whole life. Food is solid though.
                  For a little more upscale you can try Verde's on Hamilton Pool Rd. There isn't much traditional Mexican food like but it is usually very good. Their pork chop is pretty impressive.
                  There generally isn't a ton of live music in Bee Caves proper. You could go out to Poodie's hilltop bar in spicewood, they've got live music 7 nights a week. It is a dive but was formerly owned by Willie Nelson's long time road manager. I have seen some good shows there, not sure who is playing this weekend.
                  You could drive into Dripping Springs to Hudson's on Mercer. They have live music most nights too. My brother and I did all of the woodwork in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    Are those restaurants or areas to check out? Again, totally unfamiliar with the area.

Thanks, fellas.
                    They are just areas with different food and drink options. Close to DT w/o the crowds.

South Congress Cafe for brunch/lunch then pop in and out of bars.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                      There isn't much traditional Mexican food like but it is usually very good. Their pork chop is pretty impressive.

There generally isn't a ton of live music in Bee Caves proper. You could go out to Poodie's hilltop bar in spicewood.
                      My GF and i are first and second gen Americans (Mexico) so we get our fill of Mexican food throughout the week

Looked into Poodies but the late show is 9-11 and we wont be rolling into town until 8 so by the time we're done with checking into the hotel and dinner, it'll be too late.

Googled returned several options in "Drip" so may look into Hudson's.

Thanks, bud.

Comment

If you end up in DS and want something unique try out Epicure. Fine wines and cheeses and fancy food. Very good food, open for lunch too. You may need to make a reservation on the weekend.
                        Shameless plug, we did all the woodwork in there also.

Comment

No advice on the eats/entertainment but you're in my prayers for having to attend an outdoor wedding there in July. I used to officiate lots of weddings in the Austin area and did several out in the Bee Cave/DS/Hamilton Pool area and unfortunately some of them were outdoors in July and August. I'll just say the services were short and sweet out!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            No advice on the eats/entertainment but you're in my prayers for having to attend an outdoor wedding there in July. I used to officiate lots of weddings in the Austin area and did several out in the Bee Cave/DS/Hamilton Pool area and unfortunately some of them were outdoors in July and August. I'll just say the services were short and sweet out!
                            No kidding. I wore shorts and flip flops to a brewery on the 4th. I completely sweated through my shirt and shorts. I was leaving butt sweat marks on the benches... IN THE SHADE! In other words, I'm a sweaty dude. Been dreading it, although, they said it'll be 30 min max until we're back on the shuttle headed to the reception venue. We'll see.

I like the Congress St idea. May park the truck and follow our noses. Seems to be a concentration of cool restaurants/bars. Long street though... Where to start?

Comment

Lol BeeCave is not really a place anymore—more like a neighborhood of Austin.

Comment

Working...
                              X