No announcement yet.

Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two things....for spaghetti.....use the fresh pasta from the refrigerated section. Contadina I believe. Linguini. Thank me later.

We have done this for decades. Get there early Friday. Put a crockpot of borracho beans on. Fire up the pit. Throw some whole chickens and pork tenderloins on. Tortillas, onions, cilantro, cheese, pico, salsa. Tacos, nachos, burritos. Lunch and dinner is ready for the whole weekend when you get back from the first evening hunt. Little to no cleanup. Even better sub a wild hog hind quarter for the chicken and pork.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-08-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Two things....for spaghetti.....use the fresh pasta from the refrigerated section. Contadina I believe. Linguini. Thank me later.

We have done this for decades. Get there early Friday. Put a crockpot of borracho beans on. Fire up the pit. Throw some whole chickens and pork tenderloins on. Tortillas, onions, cilantro, cheese, pico, salsa. Tacos, nachos, burritos. Lunch and dinner is ready for the whole weekend when you get back from the first evening hint. Little to no cleanup.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      And disposable plates and tableware. It’s not that hard.

My family would disagree on the pasta.. I agree but the family not so much.. Pick your battles. I will eat **** near whatever but it will not be canned meat.

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
        Better than spam samwiches. Wait I like spam samwitches with mustard and onions.
        You must be in my family somewhere along the line! Back in the old days (before bottled water and fast food) I remember riding from Llano to Orange in a 66 Chevy with a milk jug washed out for water and eat spam sandwich with just onion.

Comment

At our ranch it’s all about the food. Every night is steak night. Breakfast is leftover steak with eggs, bacon and tortillas. Cheap funky food is not allowed.

Comment

I have never tried spam...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh DMo... you gotta crawl out from under that rock and LIVE man!! Fried Spam instead of bacon for breakfast... Eggs pretty good fried in Spam grease too!! Cold spam n onion n mater sammiches for lunch, then chopped spam fried and dribbled on a big ol lettuce n mater salad then covered in Miracle Whip Salad Dressin'.... Mmmmmm Gooood!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I have never tried spam...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I haven’t either. Wife says it’s good fried.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  I haven’t either. Wife says it’s good fried.

Cube it up with some potatoes cubed up the same size and it is **** good. We used to eat it all the time as kids. My wife refuses. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    Cube it up with some potatoes cubed up the same size and it is **** good. We used to eat it all the time as kids. My wife refuses. LOL
                    Does sound good.

Comment

I love me some Spam. Fried crispy, its hard to beat.

We eat really good at deer camp, its part of the draw for me. Meals are planned out in advance, first night before opening day is always the best one but they are all good to me. Everyone is on the same page at our camp so no potted meat or spaghetti and tomato sauce poured on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deercamp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	24584297

Click image for larger version

Name:	deercamp1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	24584298

Comment

I've heard that guys get crabs sometimes from "deer camp" excursions... Like your way better!!

Comment

Apparently my grandad ate a bunch of spam in the military in the south pacific. When he came home he never spoke of the war, and he didn't allow spam in the house. I guess dad never ate it either so we never had any around.

I do like corned beef hash from a can, with eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Apparently my grandad ate a bunch of spam in the military in the south pacific. When he came home he never spoke of the war, and he didn't allow spam in the house. I guess dad never ate it either so we never had any around.

I do like corned beef hash from a can, with eggs.
                            They eat it like ribeye in Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                              I go with the sausage / tortilla /mustard...for change up Sardines/crackers/hunk of onion with anything.......Boiled eggs they keep well (boil at home peel before ya eat stay fresh longer that way)
                              Good Lord! No need to bring a killin' tool, just ease out a small round of flatulence after that grub and anything within 20 yards dies.

Comment

Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Dang. That guy can feed me at deer camp

Dang same here. Most of the time I’m at deer camp I’m eating out of a can or sammiches.
                                With that said, if I’m hunting with someone for “free” or a really good deal. I’m paying you with steaks or your favorite drink to say thank you.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-
                                Last edited by Buckwheat; 07-08-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X