Worst meal a guest ever brought to eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
    Gotta disagree with you there. Axis meatballs, homemade pasta, showered with parm is a great meal that can feed a lot of people.

I love me some spaghetti too... but i do have to doctor it up a bit and up the sauce game.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      My buddy in college used to get himself a pack of white bread and a couple cans of dintymore potted meat and eat on that for the week. Stuff smelled worse than the dog food factory in Nac
      Used to live off Ferdonia just up the road from that place. stinked a whole different kind of terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        And for the record, I would not turn down a good bologna sandwich, grilled hotdog or precooked rotisserie chicken either. I am an equal opportunity eater.
        Equal Opportunity Eater. Love it

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          I like good food and big meals, but I also enjoy the simple things in life like little Debbie snacks, sausage links on tortillas, and hotdogs/hamburgers.
          This. We grew up on the deer lease eating rollover white bread sandwiches with bologna. I guess it’s nostalgic, but I love it.

Comment

We ate like kings on my old mule deer lease for 30 years and we split the cost evenly since we were all there for the entire two weeks. Now, me and my partner generally split food costs and fuel. I go to the grocery store and meat market for food. We eat good, I make sure of that. The same thing goes for when the fiance goes with me, which is most of the time.

Now, if it's just me and I don't feel like messing around with cooking much I will breakdown and buy a couple of TV dinners to throw in the oven, a loaf of bread, some bologna and cheese, and I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
              This exactly.

The guy is a friend (according to the OP). I wouldn’t disinvite my friends from trips because they fail to meet expectations that I never laid out for them. If I invite someone, there are no strings attached. If they offer something up, no matter how small, it is accepted with sincere appreciation.

If it’s a joint venture, or they requested the invite, divisions of labor and provisions are clearly delineated.

He helps you fill feeders and brings food. If you think he should do more, tell him. He can’t read your mind. Maybe he can’t cook a lick and felt it would be inappropriate to bring a meal that his host would have to prepare.

All this to say that he’ll probably have no issue providing a meal to suit your discerning palate if he is informed of the camp customs and assured there are willing cooks to do the dirty work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perfectly said right here

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                Spagetti. Worse and cheapest meal ever, period
                This is our go to meal when we serve food at the homeless shelter ( for daily bread ministry) and even the homeless people complain/ agree

Comment

I love me some spaghetti too... but i do have to doctor it up a bit and up the sauce game.
                  Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                  Gotta disagree with you there. Axis meatballs, homemade pasta, showered with parm is a great meal that can feed a lot of people.
                  Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  This is our go to meal when we serve food at the homeless shelter ( for daily bread ministry) and even the homeless people complain/ agree
                  There's spaghetti, then there's spaghetti....

Over cooked (mushy) noodles, with a can of tomato sauce dumped INTO THE POT OF NOODLES.....is awful, and it's not spaghetti.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Over cooked (mushy) noodles, with a can of tomato sauce dumped INTO THE POT OF NOODLES.....is awful, and it's not spaghetti.

true true..

Comment

He disagrees with you

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Don’t be dis ing the chef now
                      Attached Files

Comment

Simple eater here also. Steaks, cans of beans, corn, veggies and eggs are the most common meals while hunting. I like to do the most minimal amount of work so I can clean up quick. And also I feel like an elaborate meals takes away from the "ranch" feel.

Comment

Originally posted by MC79 View Post
                          Bologna sandwiches taste so much better at the lease.
                          I don't know, this one I'm having right now is delicious....with Miracle Whip.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Went on a hunt with two other guys and we were all to provide a dinner. I was divorced at the time and my meal was the restaurant in town.
                            One guy brought a crock pot that had the wild boar shoulder that was partially cooked already and heated that up for dinner. Tasted worse than it smelled. I swore off of wild pork for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              I don't know, this one I'm having right now is delicious....with Miracle Whip.

.....Yankee commie!!

Comment

.....Yankee commie!!
                                Peasant Texan.

Comment

Working...
                                X