Originally posted by Patton View Post
    2019 Rainfall

Jan 0.14"

Feb 0.11"

Mar 0.41"

Apr 1.24"

May 3.51"

Jun 7.78" (Jun 1-23)

28" rain is the annual average for Edwards County, currently we are at 13.19" YTD. In 2018 we didn't get to this amount of rainfall around Sept/Oct. time-frame.

I'm hoping to make a trip this weekend and check and move some trail cams and maybe hunt for an axis if time permits.
    Thanks for the rainfall update patton!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Took a good friend out for some axis hunting this past weekend after we closed on the sale of his house on Friday. We put a few stalks on some axis and both scored on bucks Saturday. Also checked trail cams and put up 4 more; was pleased to see all the characters on camera that I was hoping too. Sunday from 10am-noon we caught probably close to 3/4” rain as well

Last edited by Patton; 07-01-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Took a good friend out for some axis hunting this past weekend after we closed on the sale of his house on Friday. We put a few stalks on some axis and both scored on bucks Saturday. Also checked trail cams and put up 4 more; was pleased to see all the characters on camera that I was hoping too. Sunday from 10am-noon we caught probably close to 3/4” rain as well

Nice!

Comment

That's awesome Patton!

How many acres are you hunting on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bucks, Patton! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks y’all, much appreciated. Property is around 3k acres of low fence beauty.

Comment

Love it. Congrats Patton. 2 awesome bucks in some beautiful country!

Comment

Went this weekend for the 4th never seen campwood so busy. Bass fishing was on and so was the axis rut, got the little brother close on a stalk with his bow on what I think was the big axis in the cam pics. Shot some pigs and a small aoudad. Green green out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great pics, that axis looks like a real stud

Comment

I hear you about Campwood being busy. We were supposed to go this weekend but couldn't find hotel rooms. Really wanted to stay at Big Oak but they have a huge family reunion going on.

My freezer is getting really low, I need to find a weekend to get down and pop a couple of axis.

Comment

Nice Axis.

Comment

I heard there was a grass fire off of 377 and County Road 440 and 450, burned a couple of hundred acres. I hope no one's Ranch was affected!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Do any of you in the campwood to rocksprings area, use anybody to deliver water to your camp? I'm looking at buying a place in that area and several of the listings I've been sent don't have water wells. I'm just curious what the cost would be and the best route to take for a long term decision.

Comment

Not sure on the water delivery, MAP. Wells are going to be varying on depth with some getting water 140' and others closer to 450'. My uncle is got lucky and has an artesian well that's only 8' deep; it's had water flowing out of the pump house it for almost 4 months this year.

Posted a thread but wanted to put it here also-- big sika my buddy shot in 2017.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpJI4G_Vt0o&t"]Luck of the Draw | Texas Sika Bowhunting - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Not sure on the water delivery, MAP. Wells are going to be varying on depth with some getting water 140' and others closer to 450'. My uncle is got lucky and has an artesian well that's only 8' deep; it's had water flowing out of the pump house it for almost 4 months this year.

Posted a thread but wanted to put it here also-- big sika my buddy shot in 2017.

Luck of the Draw | Texas Sika Bowhunting - YouTube
                                Sweet video sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X