No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River, this is the best that I could do (Head and Body) lol, I'll do better next time
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! I wont be out there saturday morning, I have Shane this weekend and its hard getting him up at 4:30am to hunt. We'll be out there Saturday evening!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecreek View Post
        From Terri Beth, Deer Station Check in Times:
        Office: Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p
        Russell Park: Sun-Wed 6a-8a
        Tejas: Sun 7p-10p
        Thur-Sat 7:30p-10p

Any times other than this a ranger must be called out to check in the deer. The gate attendants at Cedar Breaks, Jim Hogg, or Russell Park can call a ranger on duty. You can also call Terri Beth on her cell 512-844-1552, if she's available she'll check it in. Unfortunately, she will be moving to a new lake Nov. 7th
        Thanks
        Sucks about Terri Beth leaving. Anyone know who the new #1 will be?

Comment

I won't be out there until Sunday, so do good.

Comment

I went out yesterday evening. Saw a fawn walking to blind, then saw 2 doe 50 yards from blind in a field. They decided to run into the woods and hide, right next to my feeder LOL... I had to scare them off getting to where I sit. Wind was 100% horrible. could not have been worse. And I still had a doe almost make it to the feeder(to my left) then stop and circle around and come 3 yards shy of my hand throw on my right. Then back 3 yards shy of the feeder. She was not jumpy, just unsure. She then just walked off. Saw another big deer through the trees.

Was a pretty good cool hunt. Very very thankful for the cool weather this year.

Comment

I'm going out tomorrow morning, first time this year.

Comment

good luck Jon

Comment

Im gonna try to get out there tomorrow afternoon......work pending. I thought I was gonna be able to skip out of here early enough today to make it.....boy was I wrong.

Comment

I had 2 big coyotes come by this morning! Was purdy cool! Too bad we can't put an arrow in em tho.

Comment

Went out last night and sat on an access stand. Didn't see anything. Will be back in my stand on Friday eve, then the weekend. Hopefully will see something.

Comment

On the board! Weighed in at 81 lbs.
                        Good first sit this morning. Saw about 15 deer, all does and fawns. Connected about 7:15. Bunch of deer all over the place. A few were in range (including this one) and I got drawn. Deer all spooked, but not to badly. I figured since I was drawn and could still see the deer, I might as well stay that way until I HAD to let down. Dropped the bottom cam on my knee and waited them out.

About 5 minutes (felt like 45) this girl came moseying back. She stopped broadside about 30 yds out, and I figured it was as good as it was going to get. I let the arrow go. She ran about 50 yds into an open field, not too fast, staggered a little, and went down.

I decided to get greedy, and waited another two hours hoping for a double. Maybe next time! GREAT MORNING!

Next sit on that stand planned for Monday!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful doe. Congrats. Stayed drawn for 5 minutes?
                          You definitely earned her.

Comment

Cograts....way to go

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice job, TxJon! And congras all who have got the credit.

I saw one deer was looking for food last night while driving back home from work. it is about 7pm. Saw two fresh dead deer on the road this morning while driving to work. So, i guess the deer are moving these days. should have lots of actions.

Comment

Working...
                                X