2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
    Texas has too many people and too little public land.
    Huntable public land is going to disappear as population increases. State Parks are over run with bikers and hikers.

I'd like to see a system where private land owners are incentivized to open their land at certain times of the year to the public for fishing, hunting, and trapping. I'd like to see a significant property tax incentive or abatements given to those who allow managed public access to their land. I think that if the state offered these incentives and indemnified the property owner for the risk associated with this, then we would way more opportunities to hunt.
    That program already exists. TPWD leases a lot of acreage every year for dove hunting. I would love to see it extended to other game or fish but I think it is a money issue.

Comment

October 16th can't get here fast enough....hoping I get drawn for one of the 7 draws I'm signed up for that have deadlines on the 15th

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
        October 16th can't get here fast enough....hoping I get drawn for one of the 7 draws I'm signed up for that have deadlines on the 15th
        The 14th can't get here quick enough for me. Going on the private lands hunt I got drawn for 14th-16th. Would love to come back to see I got drawn for a mule deer tag.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
          The 14th can't get here quick enough for me. Going on the private lands hunt I got drawn for 14th-16th. Would love to come back to see I got drawn for a mule deer tag.
          awesome....good luck

Comment

Today's the last big drawing day. Let's get ready to congratulate those who drew and the rest of us will celebrate Passover.

Comment

none for me this year. Guess I can concentrate working on my new tract except all the rain is really hampering that, should've had fence up already!

Comment

Hopefully the kids will get drawn for javelina today.

I've got a few hunts that I've put in for as well. I would love to draw the bighorn sheep hunt.
                Last edited by BradBryant1000; 10-16-2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Kinda surprised they didn’t draw overnight.

Comment

So do they usually post all the winners the day after closing? I didn’t get a email letting me know I won a draw and almost missed accepting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by travisn321 View Post
                      So do they usually post all the winners the day after closing? I didn’t get a email letting me know I won a draw and almost missed accepting it.

What I was fortunate enough to draw this year I was notified at different times. One was a couple days after the draw - Laguna Reguge Archery, one was later that evening - e-postcard. There's sure to be some additional process for certain hunts that have standby or second draws.

Comment

Last year I was notified by about 9 am the day after the deadline closed. This year when I was drawn (for the same hunt) I didn’t receive an email at all

Comment

Fingers crossed. Keep checking email and website

Comment

No news yet....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hoping for a muley!

Comment

^^^ Same here

Comment

Working...
                                X