No announcement yet.

Aransas 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you imagine that big 5 year old wise buck that has out smarted all the hunters never leaving the safety of his impenetrable fortress ,suddenly be running around after a storm and your out there all alone . This could be the hunt y’all

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
      That little yellow x is going to put 10" of rain on the refuge. Isaac, its a possible game changer two weeks before the hunt if it hits the middle coast.
      Pray for the best , if it stays open we might have a lot of vacancies . Blood trailing deer in the rain or water is difficult at best. The skeeters and cotton mouths will be thick . This time of year the gators back in the Everglades have ther babies every where . Their little eyes and calls can be seen and heard before first light . I always wonder where mamma is hiding lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonitas1306 View Post
        Pray for the best , if it stays open we might have a lot of vacancies . Blood trailing deer in the rain or water is difficult at best. The skeeters and cotton mouths will be thick . This time of year the gators back in the Everglades have ther babies every where . Their little eyes and calls can be seen and heard before first light . I always wonder where mamma is hiding lol.
        Pump em up with the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          Mike McNeil put Jack Suggs in a tree with knee deep water all around after it rained all night. Jack wasn't all that happy but he got up in the tree, about 10' off the ground.

Before sunrise Jack had to climb down and get his 4 arrows, he was sitting on a hog trail. At 7:45am Jack had stuck a couple of hogs and missed two others, but he wasn't about to climb down because he saw water moccasins swimming around near the tree. Later deer wadded past him and all he could do was watch them go by. Said it was a good spot to hunt but wasn't going back into "that dam water with moccasins all around" him.......
          That’s so funny ! How bout feeling hits on your boots and just walking on ,later to see a big ole moccasin under the tree I’m set up in . I’ve hoped and prayed for that dude to move on or not to move in with me ,but he hung around till I shot a doe . Yeah she was ate before I got to her. These are the hunts I’ll never forget.
          Attached Files

Comment

Anyone know if standbys will be available, Got drawn but didn’t pay for permit in time doggone work gets in the way of things like that.

Comment

I have to ask are there any Palm trees

I love hunting in palm trees . Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slingingsticks View Post
                Anyone know if standbys will be available, Got drawn but didn’t pay for permit in time doggone work gets in the way of things like that.
                No standby as I understand it . Call TWPD. I’m lost don’t follow me . Lol

Comment

Will do thank you for the response

Comment

I was told by my father as a boy that the whooping cranes might be extinct back home . I never thought I’d hear their calls again . If the lord would permit i might be that little boy again if only for a passing flight a fleeting moment. Viva Texas !

Comment

Your welcome

Something’s here a very different; TPWD , I have found that they enjoy speaking and answering our questions. Not so back home . Folks should know about how great life is in Texas y’all .
                      Last edited by Leonitas1306; 09-11-2018, 08:35 PM. Reason: Bad grammar

Comment

Hey anyone know if they ever have a turkey population explosion and they offer a management hunt .....? Just thought I’d ask .lol I miss my Turkey hunts . I want a Rio with a bow . I think Aransas , has turkey but just for looking at ,not eating ...lol

Comment

Unfortunately, from everything that I have heard you are pretty much up a creek with out a paddle. I would still call TPWD and see if they can't figure something out for you.

Comment

Get yalls canoes and kayaks ready . Been getting lots of rain down here this week .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So as far as bug suits are concerned. Are y'all going with a 3D leafy camo bug suit, or the green ones? The green simple ones are about a quarter of the price and if your in a ground blind it really doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                                Get yalls canoes and kayaks ready . Been getting lots of rain down here this week .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Hey!!!! You think that would work 😎

Comment

Working...
                                X