No announcement yet.

Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to zone 5 and couldn't find a place to park. Walked 2 and 6 today and didn't see anything.

Comment

Dant I just saw this thread! Ive been wanting to try it out there... I gotta go back through the thread and read up. I'll need to get a permit, But I'd be in!

Comment

I walked Zone 2 near CR318 south of FM546 on Saturday afternoon. there were fresh tracks all over the place.

Comment

I have wanted to check out lavon myself. I hope the whitetail population grows enough to allow hunting in the future! Until then it would be nice to get out and stick a few pigs.

Comment

Yeah, that would be nice if we could hunt white tail out there. I went up to Cooper WMA this season, saw quite a few deer up there.

Comment

I'm looking into Lavon as well. Squirrels (in season) and hogs too. Just talked with the office. Seems a pretty simple process, except that I've got a 4 door sedan. I'll bring the fat tire bike and a lone wolf.

Comment

Yall leave the big deer out there alone

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                  I'm looking into Lavon as well. Squirrels (in season) and hogs too. Just talked with the office. Seems a pretty simple process, except that I've got a 4 door sedan. I'll bring the fat tire bike and a lone wolf.
                  No closed season for squirrels in Collin County and no limit.

Comment

Well gentleman got my permit on frday and in a cedar tree right now. I found some fresh sign and ready to fling a slick trick. I would like to scout off of 2756 tomorrow. Good luck to everyone who made it out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                      Well gentleman got my permit on frday and in a cedar tree right now. I found some fresh sign and ready to fling a slick trick. I would like to scout off of 2756 tomorrow. Good luck to everyone who made it out this weekend.
                      Good luck! Please post results.

Comment

Ended up having an intense hunt. Had two good size hogs come in behind the Cedar I was in. I tried to turn to pull back and they spooked. Then it was on, I put a stock on em and they led me to a waller which I sat at until dark. I could hear em walking around me but would not step out. Tomorrow I will go back to the waller and see what steps out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope & Yum View Post
                          Ended up having an intense hunt. Had two good size hogs come in behind the Cedar I was in. I tried to turn to pull back and they spooked. Then it was on, I put a stock on em and they led me to a waller which I sat at until dark. I could hear em walking around me but would not step out. Tomorrow I will go back to the waller and see what steps out.

Very cool! My son and I are going to check things out today. Reconnaissance only. Never been there before. Hope you get your bow drawn on'em today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i was out yesterday. zone 2 just south of the bridge on 546 east of the river. there is a little pond that had a lot of activity. good luck to you guys!

Comment

Shoot em straight Pope. Can't wait to see some pics

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                                Very cool! My son and I are going to check things out today. Reconnaissance only. Never been there before. Hope you get your bow drawn on'em today.

It's been a slow morning so far. Good luck to you and your son.

Comment

Working...
                                X