Just shot a buck write up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just shot a buck write up!

So as some may have seen my thread started , 10-16-19 JUST SHOT A BUCK!. That morning me and my son headed out to hunt even though it had rained nearly all night. We got down at 9 he had a dentist appointment and momma had a knee appointment she tore her acl! Well we ran around a bit and me and my son were itching to head home in time to jump in the stand, david was up to bat, I was supposed to be just lookout! Well we got home late at around 6:05 feeder spins at 6 so when we walked to the back there was already 3 bucks, two which were on our shoot list for my boy. We layed low and decided to shake some branches hard and see if they would spook off enough to climb the ladder stand 30 yard from the feeder. After we got up, feeder time number 2 at 7 was approaching. Does started heading back in and after the feeder spun so did the bucks! Small buck came to the fence but we knew he was short so we just watched. then as quick as can be big boy comes in bumping everything around him away. I've never seen this deer and my son looked at me and said your UP!!! Both are hearts were pounding like crazy! He ate for about 5 min, finally turned broadside and let him have it. Shot went in directly lower armpits as you can see in the picture with me in my wife, on the exit the buck jumped and I noticed the arrow fly out to the left! I was sure that a possible defect happened! Not good. After the shot my son and I tried to controll are self for 20min then got down and went straight to the house to tell my wife what happen! I gave my buddy chris aka TBH blackfinturkey a call to see if he was available to help me track, as always he comes through. When he got here 1.5 hrs after shot happen we set off to look for blood. We started at the feeder with zero blood in sight, the rage hypo+p left nothing. When we headed to the fence we had no blood then we found a droplet and a few more off to the right. My son said he ran right I saw him run left. We had about 6 deer scatter all at once so easy to lose track. We decided to look left like I had said and found good blood on a fence post where he jumped to the cow pasture. We tracked about 70 yards with minimal blood till we got to the neighbors fence... we stopped backed out for the night. I believe we bumped him and he jumped the neighbors 5 strand tight fence. I've never seen or met this neighbor and now I know why. They were a very nice elderly couple that are situated on that 150ac peice. I gave them a call and got a grouchy WHY THE HELL AM I CALLING SO EARLY?! RESPONSE! LOL I explained the situation and was told they would take a look in a hr when they wake up. Lol neighbor is 82 and sharp as a tack. He calls me 1hr exactly later and says "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? GET YOUR *** OVER HERE AND BRING THAT BOW PUT HIM DOWN"! as soon as I heard that I almost jumped outta my socks! Grabbing what I needed and headed out the door. I jumped on his sxs and we headed off. Dont ask me how this man knew where this deer was beded 200yards from the last blood but he did. As we approached I see this buck in a bush sitting with his head up tucked against some hog panel fence!!! He was sick and I did what I had to to put him down quick. As that was over I was overwhelmed with emotions. I was hurt that he was wounded but glad the meat was not wasted. The neighbor and I talked for a while just standing there admiring this buck. He told me he has watched this deer for 5 years and glad I was able to take him, not the perfect outcome but never the less. I asked him if this is the biggest one around he just looked at me and laughed. He dosent hunt anymore but loves to watch other. It was a great experience to meet him. Great history and good story's. As it was time to go I realized I had to load this buck!!! He was at least 200lbs i have never seen suck a heavy buck in my life!!! Hes off to the taxi tomorrow. I cant say much more but this is a buck of a life time for me and I was glad to have experienced it with my wife and son! That means the world to me. They are up next and the rut hasn't even hit yet!! So stay tuned for what's coming next. Thank everyone for there kind words and support. TBH HAS SOME GREAT PEOPLE THAT ARE HARD TO COME BY NOW A DAYS! GOD BLESS EVERYONE AND SHOOT STRAIGHT.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Heck if a deer man. Congrats on getting him. You oughta take the ol man some backstrap for being cool and helping you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      Heck if a deer man. Congrats on getting him. You oughta take the ol man some backstrap for being cool and helping you out.

I told him I would he responded with a quick " NO I DONT EAT VENISON ANYMORE" LOL I will be taking them something soon maybe some of my wife's fresh baked cookies or cake. well see

Comment

What an awesome buck! Glad it worked out and you were able to recover him!!!!

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

That's a stud! Congrats!

Comment

Oh man... So glad there was a follow up to your story. What a great buck and WOW...what a story. Glad you found him. Congrats.

Comment

Nice write up, great buck!

Comment

That’s freaking awesome man. Congrats again. That will live in your memory for ever

Comment

Heck of a deal, heck of a deer. I hope your son or wife get an opportunity to one up you. Good luck to them the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great story and pics. Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks for the write up and congratulations again.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                        Heck of a deal, heck of a deer. I hope your son or wife get an opportunity to one up you. Good luck to them the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        This might happen. we never know what's going to walk out!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                          I told him I would he responded with a quick " NO I DONT EAT VENISON ANYMORE" LOL I will be taking them something soon maybe some of my wife's fresh baked cookies or cake. well see

Good for you. That should keep him on your side in the future. Congrats again.

Comment

nice buck! Good read!

Comment

Great deer and write up!

Comment

Working...
                              X