Auto gate recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto gate recommendations

Looking for ideas and suggestions for an automatic gate opener for residential use.

.....and God Bless America.

I have a low end mighty mule on a LIGHT gate that has been great for 3 years.

Comment

And I have had 2 MMs in 3 years. Not impressed.

Comment

I have had one of the might mule larger units on a 16' iron gate for years.
        I think it was around $6-800 dollars, still a lot cheaper than the big fancy openers.

Was very careful when I built and hung the gate to get it very level and square with a very solid gatepost, so it opens and closes effortlessly.

The only problem has been the control board from a lightning strike , and i think a lightning strike will probably get most any gate opener.

While we are on the subject of gate openers, Here in Houston they have been showing security camera video on the news of a guy that has been cutting off gate openers with a sawsall and stealing them, they have him pegged for dozens of heists. Don"t think they have caught him yet

Comment

My fence guy only uses Apollo. Hes been doing it for 30 years. He said they are a good mix of quality and price.

Comment

Apollo

Comment

Got the Apollo 5 years ago. Been happy so far.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

I've have the LiftMaster / Chamberlain LA-400-D Dual Swing Gate Opener w/ MyQ Technology. So far so good

Comment

I definitely wouldn't waste $ on a Mighty Mule! Mine has been POS from the first month it was put in.

Comment

I have a solar powered lift master no problems with it 6 years old. Of course I had to put batteries in it 2 different times

Comment

Apollo for us. Love it.

Comment

We have the newer version of Apollo called Nice. Going strong for about a year now. runs off solar. buy once cry once.

Comment

US Automatic

Home of the Patriot Swing & Slide Automatic Solar Gate Openers. Made in the USA!

Comment

Following, I have been researching this some for a heavy pipe gate. So far I’m leaning Apollo.

Comment

We have had our Apollo for a little over 2 years now and it's been trouble free

Stay away from the mighty mule....junk.

Comment

Working...
                              X