No announcement yet.

Health Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen any options for let’s say paying everything under $500-$1000 in cash and just having coverage for high $$ stuff ?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      What do all of you do for a living to have insurance this high?

I pay $1467 a year for medical, dental and vision for myself. My wife pays about the same so about $3000 a year for the both of us.
      no way.
      you're being subsidized by someone.

Comment

Christian healthcare ministries says for their gold level ($150 a month) you pay everything under $500, if bill is over $500 they pay it

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          What do all of you do for a living to have insurance this high?

I pay $1467 a year for medical, dental and vision for myself. My wife pays about the same so about $3000 a year for the both of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That’s what I’m wondering. I pay less than $200 a month for everything.

Comment

Well y’all two have the best health insurance I’ve heard of in the last 5 yrs!!!

Comment

They must not have spouse + family and it be a HD plan. We have a ton of options and I would be less than $200 a month for just myself. As of now I pay $700 for everything with wife and little one included.

Comment

I’m around $950/mo for me, my wife, and 2 kids. That’s only half. Employer pays the other $950/mo.

Hoping I slipped one past the goalie this weekend so we can get this last child taken care of under our current insurance and then I’ll be shopping hard.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                  no way.

you're being subsidized by someone.

Of course I am. That’s why I asked what people do for a living to have insurance that high. Are they self employed, retired at an early age, or working for a company and the insurance provided is that high?

Comment

This thread will give me nightmares tonight
                    My wife is still working , but wanted to retire soon ( till health insurance stability she will have to work)

Comment

I use CHM, if any one is wanting some details PM me... plus, they have a referral program, so at a minimum, let me give you my code to enroll 😆.
                      There are some things to be aware of though before purchasing!

Comment

We pay a little over $800/month for my wife and I. We carry a premium insurance plan for her being she is a type I diabetic. I have the lowest cost plan I could find. We use a insurance consultant to help us decide which plan is best for us.

Comment

I’m employed with a privately held company & pay about $560/mo for a family plan for med, Rx, dental & vision. It has good coverage too. This is the 2nd privately held company I’ve worked for and my benefits always seem better with a private vs publicly traded company

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                            I use CHM, if any one is wanting some details PM me... plus, they have a referral program, so at a minimum, let me give you my code to enroll 😆.
                            There are some things to be aware of though before purchasing!
                            such as?

Comment

Just received my work insurance open enrollment information today. Medical premiums going up another $1,400 starting 7/1 - bringing my premiums up to a little over $1,100/month on the work plan.
                              My wife has spent all afternoon checking out other options and it looks like we are going to enroll in Medi-Share next week for a 7/1 start. Our monthly premiums will be ~$540/month and then after a month we can apply for something called a healthy household discount of 20%.
                              I have an awesome wife for chasing all of this down today!

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                                Just received my work insurance open enrollment information today. Medical premiums going up another $1,400 starting 7/1 - bringing my premiums up to a little over $1,100/month on the work plan.
                                My wife has spent all afternoon checking out other options and it looks like we are going to enroll in Medi-Share next week for a 7/1 start. Our monthly premiums will be ~$540/month and then after a month we can apply for something called a healthy household discount of 20%.
                                I have an awesome wife for chasing all of this down today!

Your premiums are $1,100 a mo? What is your company subsidizing? Is that the only option you have thru work?

Comment

Working...
                                X