Health Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
    It’s funny to me the scum of the earth politicians in Washington aren’t paying $18,000 to $30,000 a year on insurance. F ing leaches in Washington are so out of touch with working Americans it’s not even funny! They have absolutely no idea what it takes to make a living for your family.
    They don't give a **** about average Americans as long as they get theirs.

Insurance companies are raking in the bucks at the expense of doctors and their patients. SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
      Look into Medi Share.
      X2 that’s what we are on and several other families I know.

Comment

My wife has her teacher retirement insurance and it SUCKS! But, better than nothing.

I'm on Medicare with a United supplement and it's not much better, actually worse for prescription drugs.

We both gripe about it but without it and a significant illness or injury, at least for us we realize the costs is SO much more...not the time to 2nd guess and wish one has at least some type of coverage.

Comment

On the private market the wife and I pay $21k per year with $6500 deductible.

Find a group.......any group to get on.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
            My wife has her teacher retirement insurance and it SUCKS! But, better than nothing.

I'm on Medicare with a United supplement and it's not much better, actually worse for prescription drugs.

We both gripe about it but without it and a significant illness or injury, at least for us we realize the costs is SO much more...not the time to 2nd guess and wish one has at least some type of coverage.
            That's why I'm still working. I turn 65 on saturday and I'll work until i can't drag myself to the job just because of insurance.

Comment

Communism! I called my insurance guy from when I was doing contract work to see what I would be paying if I went back that route and basically the more you make the more you pay in premiums.

Comment

We are at about 13k per year. Wife, 18 year old son and me. It’s definitely our largest monthly bill. I’d love to lower the cost but haven’t figured out how yet.

Comment

Health Insurance

What do all of you do for a living to have insurance this high?

I pay $1467 a year for medical, dental and vision for myself. My wife pays about the same so about $3000 a year for the both of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 05-30-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    What do all of you do for a living to have insurance this high?

I pay $1467 a year for medical, dental and vision for myself. My wife pays about the same so about $3000 a year for the both of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Check with HR and see what it would cost you if you added a dependent or two

Comment

This year I switched from Blue Cross ($1,400/month for just me) to a "substantially cheaper alternative" and wow! I might as well not have any insurance. They don't cover squat. It seems like if you want any kind of decent coverage at all you have to pay through the nose. I do battle monthly just trying to get them to cover blood pressure and cholesterol meds. My insurance is a JOKE. But then, $1,400/month is a bad, bad joke as well. ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't. Something has got to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                        $1500 a month for me, the wife, and kids. Crazy

If you have already been without, i would look into the Christian Ministries Healthcare ministries or Samaritan Ministries like txhunter90 said. I want to switch, but im not a risk taker. It seems legit, but having a really high bill for say cancer is a little confusing how they pay out. but for everything else it seems perfect.

Been with Christian healthcare ministries for over a year. Anything over 500 they pay. I bought the brothers keeper for an extra 75 a quarter that has no limits.

Actually it has been pretty cool telling the doctor I am a cash payer and my cost are cut way down. You can even negotiate.

So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

I'm working on checking out Medi Share and Christian Healthcare Ministries over this next weekend. My current work plan (which sucks like everyone else's) has open enrollment starting the second week of June with an effective date of 7/1. Need to figure something different out as last year I was socked with ~$950/month premiums for Employee + Family.

Comment

Hopefully, we'll see more medical co-ops like in Kansas (Dr. Josh Umbehr) and just pay for catastrophic health coverage. I am NOT waiting to see what Trump's two Alex's come up with as I believe government should get the hell out of insurance, including medicare and medicaid.

Comment

I'm really interested in the Christian healthcare ministries! me and the kids $300 a month!! sounds like a no brainer

Comment

I looked at Liberty Share and they had excellent reviews but stuck with my work insurance.

Comment

Working...
                                X