No announcement yet.

Talk to me about ice makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered one a couple months ago and it’s still not shipped. Most of them that are in that price range you are talking about, don’t work well in the hot places like garages.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
      I ordered one a couple months ago and it’s still not shipped. Most of them that are in that price range you are talking about, don’t work well in the hot places like garages.
      The compressors are being used to build small freezers for the Covid shots.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Hoshizaki

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The only brand we use in the Commercial Seafood biz
        Extremely reliable, very few moving parts, make sure you have a good in-line water filter

Comment

I have a Hoshizaki that sets on the counter that also has water. It is in our laundry room and I ran the drain over to the drain for the sink.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Hoshizaki
            Where did you order it from? I'm looking at getting one as well.

Comment

We installed a 30# hoshizaki under counter when we built our house. We supply it with filtered RO water and we get commercial quality ice. As others have mentioned, a good drain is needed because that thing goes through a lot of water in a days time. Can’t remember what we paid for the unit but I do remember it wasn’t cheap.

Comment

I bought one of the smaller Opal sonic ice machines that is self contained and sits on the counter....for home use it puts out plenty of ice......I bag some a day ahead for the boat or if we have a party.

Comment

Installed a Hoshizaki Km 301-BAJ ice machine in my garage 3-4 months ago. This one has the 100 lb bin. I'm not sure how I ever made it without one before and can tell you that if something happens I will get another immediately. I had to bring water in from overhead and plumb the drain outside as I was not set up for an icemaker. I did install their recommended filter. So far no issues and I always have plenty of ice.

I've never kept up with my ice expenses but I'm sure it's several hundred/year. The convenience is worth way more than the actual ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Of course!
                    “Must be nice”[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump for any new info. Thinking of getting one for my mother, the soft Sonic kind.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Opal is still rolling and I saw it was a Cyber Monday deal call out.
                        Works great!

Comment

Working...
                        X