Daughters bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughters bow

My daughter shoots a PSE set at 35#. she is very accurate with it BUT the ranch she hunted with her boyfriend has a 45# pull minimum for deer hunters.

So, question , what are some exercises to help her shooting muscles? She is 28, very petite in size. she works out almost everyday but just cardio to keep the beer and wine butt away.

would love to hear from some women members here or what your wives do.

my daughter already knows she doesn't practice enough. shes a teacher, work day is from dark to dark.

thanks for any suggestions i can pass along

PS thats not her buck
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 01-05-2019, 05:43 PM.

Take a Heavy resistance band and slip it though a door jamb. Tie it in a knot around a tennis ball or the like, and do the motion of drawing the bow (pulling the band) with both arms, one at a time. The goal is to work those back and arm muscles at the same time.

Likewise this can be done with a cable machine at the gym. Set the machine to eye height. I do this too, weight is variable and the workout is definitely unisex.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lancaster sells all kinds of practice bands and such...
      http://www.lancasterarchery.com/sale...=practice+band

She can use these any time of the day or night.

Comment

My wife started off around 35lbs. I just had her shooting more often, 2-3 times a week, and increased the limbs half a turn as she got used to it. One season later, she's drawing 54lbs according to the scale at the shop when they restrung her bow. It only helps some with speed but she's 5 ft 4 inches, so she will never have that 29-30 draw length that some of us taller guys have.

Comment

I just cranked my wife's bow a little at a time till she couldn't notice. Of course this was over about a years time but got her up there about 45 lbs.

Comment

I one arm bent over dumbbell rows and shoulder excersise

It’s all muscle memory more than muscle. So practice is the key. I’ve seen some wirey guys draw 80+ all day and some built like NFL players bust a gut pulling 60#

Comment

great stuff guys. thanks

Comment

https://accubow.com/standard-model-b...MaAimqEALw_wcB

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                  I just cranked my wife's bow a little at a time till she couldn't notice. Of course this was over about a years time but got her up there about 45 lbs.

I did the same with my wife. 1/2 a turn every 2 weeks she never knew the difference until she took her bow to the shop one day to get custom strings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out Ryan's thread post 40 where his not that big son Caden is pulling 55 lbs

Comment

Resistance bands were a big help to me after our daughter was born. I couldn’t go outside to shoot everyday, but I could work with the bands. If she’s already going to the gym, she could add in cable work, as someone mentioned. Shooting more often and with more reps has been the fastest way for me to increase draw weight, but I realize with her schedule, this might not be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                        Resistance bands were a big help to me after our daughter was born. I couldn’t go outside to shoot everyday, but I could work with the bands. If she’s already going to the gym, she could add in cable work, as someone mentioned. Shooting more often and with more reps has been the fastest way for me to increase draw weight, but I realize with her schedule, this might not be an option.
                        GREAT to hear from a pretty lady!!! I will share these with my daughter. I did order her one of those trainers with the different rubber resistance bands.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is to make shooting easy. No reason to have a 20 yd set up if your just after conditioning. I shoot about 5 yds in my garage often. Even if it is only 5-10 arrows. Only takes a few minutes.

Comment

You have already got great advice on how to build shooting muscles. I think the old adage that you have to shoot "so many pounds draw weight to hunt" is outdated, but that argument is for another day. Technology has come along ways.

If you are able I would help her with equipment. Some good sharp 2 blade broadheads go along ways. On the lower price end, Magnus Stinger are good... higher the Iron will Broadheads. Next would be arrows. Gold Tip Pierce Platinum are really good. Last I would just make sure her bow is tuned good for her setup.

My son has killed deer and pigs from 29lbs to 43lbs draw weight using the above. I am sure he is probably 2 or 3 inches shorter in draw length than your daughter.

Comment

Working...
                            X