No announcement yet.

Broadhead accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8” at 100 yards. That’s crap. If you can’t shoot a 4” group you suck. Oh. Wait. Got to wake up. Haha. 8” group at 100 is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      I'm happy with 8" at 100 yds.

And a well tuned bow don't make up for a poorly tuned arrow. It all matters.
      or bad form and release
      I've had guys show up at the ranch to hunt that have a hard time with 12" at 20 yards not to mention his draw length was about 2.5 inches to long

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
        or bad form and release
        I've had guys show up at the ranch to hunt that have a hard time with 12" at 20 yards not to mention his draw length was about 2.5 inches to long
        Oh wow! 2.5"? How did he physically shoot?

Comment

Great question here.
          Interestingly I carry a golf bag with arrows between 525 and 800 grains, mulitple broadhead profiles, FOC all over the place, etc. etc. I mean, let's be realistic. I hunt in Texas, over bait, the distance is known, 525 or 800 grains ain't much difference at 25 yards. Until it hits them!!!

After 35 years of doing this stupid stick shooting thing. I finally found an arrow smith with a target background who has taught me some new tricks.
          Yes, you need to make sure your broadheads all spin straight. Then, I find nock tuning, each individual arrow, to be a significant solution, when your broadheads SPIN perfect but misbehave when shooting, kind of wander off and just don't behave.

It doesn't matter if you're shooting skeet loads or adult arrows. Same Process

Here's my nock tuning tutorial bare shaft:https://youtu.be/88BcMt7PvwY
          nock tuning fletched:https://youtu.be/CPHY8ghTIgM

Comment

Working...
          X