Diamond Deploy SB Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond Deploy SB Review

I picked up a new bow this week. I don’t see many reviews of the mid-range bows but thought I’d give it a shot.

I bought the RAK package on Amazon for $599. The bare bow is $499. Bass Pro has the camo version for $699.

The rest is garbage so I immediately put a QAD on it. The other accessories are fine for my purposes. After getting some useful advice from TBH and a visit to my new bow man at Bass Pro, everything is dialed in.

Review:

Weight- this is the lighted bow that I’ve owned. It’s something unexpected based on the appearance. It looks like a beefy bow but then it’s almost weightless when you pick it up out of the case.

Draw- it’s aggressive to say the least. You are almost immediately pulling full weight but the let off is good. It doesn’t have a tendency to want to creep forward once it’s drawn. After close to 100 shots today, I’m not overly sore or exhausted though.

Aiming- it was a little windy today when I was shooting in the yard. I was concerned that the light weight might make it susceptible to wind but, to my surprise, it holds pretty stable.

Shot- I didn’t notice it at first but that’s because it’s hard to notice something that’s not there: there is no vibration in the hand. There is no detectable vibration when shooting this bow at all.

Sound- seems to be above average quiet although I’m sure there are quieter bows. My string stop could probably be a little closer to the string but I don’t think that will make a huge difference. Plenty quiet for hunting (and shooting in a neighborhood that doesn’t allow it)

Fit and finish- so far so good. A couple of dings have not yielded any scratches on the riser. Nothing rattled or was loose from the factory.

Speed- listed last because I’ve gotten away from caring as much. Didn’t chrono it. Probably won’t unless somewhere I go has one set up. It shoots flat and gets there in a hurry.

Overall- I’ve owned flagship Bowtechs for years (Tribute, Guardian, Allegiance, Destroyer 350 LE). I would rate this bow near the top of the ones that I’ve owned. For the price point, I can’t imagine finding a better bow (my opinion of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
    I picked up a new bow this week. I don’t see many reviews of the mid-range bows but thought I’d give it a shot.

I bought the RAK package on Amazon for $599. The bare bow is $499. Bass Pro has the camo version for $699.

The rest is garbage so I immediately put a QAD on it. The other accessories are fine for my purposes. After getting some useful advice from TBH and a visit to my new bow man at Bass Pro, everything is dialed in.

Review:

Weight- this is the lighted bow that I’ve owned. It’s something unexpected based on the appearance. It looks like a beefy bow but then it’s almost weightless when you pick it up out of the case.

Draw- it’s aggressive to say the least. You are almost immediately pulling full weight but the let off is good. It doesn’t have a tendency to want to creep forward once it’s drawn. After close to 100 shots today, I’m not overly sore or exhausted though.

Aiming- it was a little windy today when I was shooting in the yard. I was concerned that the light weight might make it susceptible to wind but, to my surprise, it holds pretty stable.

Shot- I didn’t notice it at first but that’s because it’s hard to notice something that’s not there: there is no vibration in the hand. There is no detectable vibration when shooting this bow at all.

Sound- seems to be above average quiet although I’m sure there are quieter bows. My string stop could probably be a little closer to the string but I don’t think that will make a huge difference. Plenty quiet for hunting (and shooting in a neighborhood that doesn’t allow it)

Fit and finish- so far so good. A couple of dings have not yielded any scratches on the riser. Nothing rattled or was loose from the factory.

Speed- listed last because I’ve gotten away from caring as much. Didn’t chrono it. Probably won’t unless somewhere I go has one set up. It shoots flat and gets there in a hurry.

Overall- I’ve owned flagship Bowtechs for years (Tribute, Guardian, Allegiance, Destroyer 350 LE). I would rate this bow near the top of the ones that I’ve owned. For the price point, I can’t imagine finding a better bow (my opinion of course).

Thats a good looking bow. Nothing wrong with Diamond, they were great before Bowtech bought them. Loose the wrist strap!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Thats a good looking bow. Nothing wrong with Diamond, they were great before Bowtech bought them. Loose the wrist strap!

Thanks. I like it too.

What’s wrong with my strap? I usually make a paracord strap but this one was nice.

Comment

Thanks. I like it too.

What’s wrong with my strap? I usually make a paracord strap but this one was nice.

I have been a Bowtech dealer for 18 years, so I’m not bashing. Replace your cable slide with a good Teflon slide to avoid excessive cable wear or possibly a broken slide. All else is good.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
          I have been a Bowtech dealer for 18 years, so I’m not bashing. Replace your cable slide with a good Teflon slide to avoid excessive cable wear or possibly a broken slide. All else is good.

Will do.

Comment

I rigged one up last year and I use it as a back up and for small blinds. I agree with all of your comments. It’s a heck of a bow for the money. Basically a Carbon Knight with a different cam. I added the Saunders Hyper guide, it helped a lot.

Quite, good valley, and wall. Nice bow.

Comment

50 yard group this morning before the rain started.

Comment

Will do.

I have setup and sold a lot of those diamonds, a Teflon slide is good but I think the PSE roller is every bit as good or in some cases better.

The Diamond deploy is basically a Bowtech Carbon Knight, solid bows, not with the highest end bowtechs bud dang solid bows for the Price IMO.

On the loose the wrist sling I do not like things that light colored on my bow especially if hunting from a ground blind where that standard package one would almost seem to glow

Comment

I have owned a couple of them. Awesome bows.

Comment

You can get them in kryptek Camo only through a bow shop correct?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      You can get them in kryptek Camo only through a bow shop correct?

Not sure on that. I did see some online with kryptex. Was in Hoffys today, another awesome experience, and they had a bunch of BowTec rigged on that riser with desert kryptek. They looked sharp.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at getting a new bow. Deploy is on my short list.

Comment

Diamond provider and Bear approach are the other two I'm looking at

Comment

I just picked up a bare bow for $300.... this thing is super light. Can’t wait to get it rigged up

Comment

Originally posted by DeerMagnet View Post
                              I just picked up a bare bow for $300.... this thing is super light. Can’t wait to get it rigged up

That’s a great buy!!! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X