Cat couldn’t resist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
    What’s your favorite call to start off with? I would love to kill the coyotes, we have them for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Normally some sort of howl, nothing aggressive like a challenge howl. Then go to rabbit in distress. It really just depends on the time of year. Early on in late October/early November I'll just use rabbit in distress a lot of times. That's when the younger coyotes are less cautious so a lot of times that's all you need. Later in the year I use more coyote vocals.

Comment

I’ve killed 7 bobcats with this fox pro, three of them almost jumped on the speaker.

What model is it? I’m looking at getting a new one.

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
          What model is it? I’m looking at getting a new one.

Fox pro inferno, but I don’t think the speaker is loud enough. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            Normally some sort of howl, nothing aggressive like a challenge howl. Then go to rabbit in distress. It really just depends on the time of year. Early on in late October/early November I'll just use rabbit in distress a lot of times. That's when the younger coyotes are less cautious so a lot of times that's all you need. Later in the year I use more coyote vocals.

How long do you call for and how long do you wait between calls?

Comment

How long do you call for and how long do you wait between calls?

I'll howl and wait 3 or 4 minutes. Maybe throw a few more howls out there and wait a few more minutes or just start in with distress. If I'm using an electronic I'll start out real low and gradually increase the volume. I don't ever call super loud but I'll leave it running constantly until I'm ready to go. If using a hand call I'll call for about 15 to 30 seconds and wait a minute or two and do it again. I stay on stand for 25 minutes. The last coyote I shot at the 30 minute mark. Most probably won't take that long to come in so not a lot of people wait more than 15 minutes. But I've killed enough past the 20 minute mark that I do. That's more of a preference on my part. If you shoot one early on keeping calling.

As for pauses into between calling I have done/do both and don't see much of a difference. I don't believe there's a right or wrong as far as that goes. You might decide that calling for a few minutes and sitting quietly for a few minutes and so on and so forth is what you want to do. That works too. I prefer to call constantly because that means less movement on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                I'll howl and wait 3 or 4 minutes. Maybe throw a few more howls out there and wait a few more minutes or just start in with distress. If I'm using an electronic I'll start out real low and gradually increase the volume. I don't ever call super loud but I'll leave it running constantly until I'm ready to go. If using a hand call I'll call for about 15 to 30 seconds and wait a minute or two and do it again. I stay on stand for 25 minutes. The last coyote I shot at the 30 minute mark. Most probably won't take that long to come in so not a lot of people wait more than 15 minutes. But I've killed enough past the 20 minute mark that I do. That's more of a preference on my part. If you shoot one early on keeping calling.

As for pauses into between calling I have done/do both and don't see much of a difference. I don't believe there's a right or wrong as far as that goes. You might decide that calling for a few minutes and sitting quietly for a few minutes and so on and so forth is what you want to do. That works too. I prefer to call constantly because that means less movement on my part.

Thanks, I really appreciate the info.

Comment

Thanks, I really appreciate the info.

No problem man. Hopefully you'll get into some. I plan on getting after them this weekend if it ain't windy. I know where at least 7 I can call in are.

I do a lot of scouting to increase my chances. I have some success calling blind but I like to know there's a coyote or two in the area.

Comment

Got a coyote in the daylight.

Comment

Got a coyote in the daylight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0946.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	24604583

Comment

[ATTACH]987317[/ATTACH]

Heck yeah, good job! Keep piling them up.

Comment

Nice! Had a cat come in a week or so ago while deer hunting tried to shoot behind me in tree stand. Hard to do I guess with bow missed em withen 20 yard. So cool to watch them.

Comment

Working...
                          X