Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
    USDA Inspectors now treat hides with a different chemical on public draw hunts. Hunters are able to keep their capes, shortly after skinning. Some type of oil/spray. It even smells good. I took home a nice 5.5 yr old 10pt from an archery hunt down in Cameron county.

I don't know if or why/why not that method can be utilized at the borders.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It wouldn’t surprise me if they make it difficult on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
      They should have a bucket of whatever they want it dipped in, dip it and send ya on your way.

This is the way it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by dstrong View Post
        This is the way it used to be.

Yup used to drive to Roma and get them dipped

Comment

I've weighed in on the tick issue before so I'll spare everyone my thoughts. On another note, I had the guy in N.L. de tick and tan my cape last year. Charged $100 and guaranteed to be tick free. Being a taxidermist, I was interested in what type of tan he used.
          Here is my assessment. The cape was clean as a whip. Guy used Liqua Tan which is a brush on oil type tan after the cape has been pickled and shaved. It looked good but needs to be reshaved to get some stretch back but will definitely preserve the skin for mounting. I wouldn't use Liqua Tan but I know several guys that do and even use it for competition mounts. You can always have it retanned by whomever does your capes and good to go.
          It cost me $100 to have a skin cleaned and tanned so no big deal on price and the guy does a good job getting the ticks off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbguide View Post
            It wouldn’t surprise me if they make it difficult on purpose.

U nailed it bud

Comment

USDA Inspectors now treat hides with a different chemical on public draw hunts. Hunters are able to keep their capes, shortly after skinning. Some type of oil/spray. It even smells good. I took home a nice 5.5 yr old 10pt from an archery hunt down in Cameron county.

I don't know if or why/why not that method can be utilized at the borders.

Wasn’t it Rosemary plus a a couple other Essential oils.

Comment

Yes, something along that. Whatever it was, it made our buck capes smell like potpourri!

I think I have her number? I may ask her

Comment

Yes, something along that. Whatever it was, it made our buck capes smell like potpourri!

I think I have her number? I may ask her

Yea sure did. Of course you got that usda chicks number.

Comment

I'm crossing at the Colombia bridge and looking for a reliable place to get corn. It looks like Baldo is very hit or miss. Any help appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by marlin man View Post
                      I'm crossing at the Colombia bridge and looking for a reliable place to get corn. It looks like Baldo is very hit or miss. Any help appreciated.
                      Yup I've found that to be true also. Closest is NL or Anahuac, or drive up to Guerrero that I know of. Others may chime in.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Mexico; 12-10-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Where do you get corn in Guerrero?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Yup I've found that to be true also. Closest is NL or Anahuac, or drive up to Guerrero that I know of. Others may chime in.

Thanks Shane. Can you post a pin from Google maps to show location in NL?

Comment

Originally posted by Boomboom View Post
                            Where do you get corn in Guerrero?
                            I don't, just heard there was a place there that sold it. I don't drive that far north.

Last time I tried to get corn from Baldo he didn't have any either. Was no big deal as my owner was coming to the ranch anyway and brought us some.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                              Yea sure did. Of course you got that usda chicks number.
                              [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

Comment

Originally posted by marlin man View Post
                                Thanks Shane. Can you post a pin from Google maps to show location in NL?
                                Cattleman's has plenty I'm sure. Do you know how to get there? There are also several other feed stores in NL. Dinapce behind cattleman's and Purina on the main bypass just to name a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X