Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked to Draco about this at the Weavers and when I got home I dug this thread up and re-read it. I think that I have shot at so many distances for so long that it gives me the same thing. I don't know where the point is relation to my target. but I hit what I'm looking at. This was from just shooting one heck of a lot of arrows

Comment

i ve used my system for years on my long bows , which is preety much like this , and its always been spot on for me . there is never any guess work on my shot ,its a calculated,designed shot that produces leathal hits. i posted it in flywise thread on "shooting farther"

Comment

great tutorial on a gap method

Comment

might have to try this on a recurve

Comment

Originally posted by gettin closer View Post
            I know this thread has been here a while but I found it very helpful! I have been trying to shoot instinctively and sometimes at 35 yds I have 2 arrows 2" apart (luck) and other times at 10 yds I have 2 arrows 9" apart. If I didn't burn a hole through the target or if I got distracted a sit second before the shot, who knows where the arrow would go. I just tried this tonight and after a slight modification to my anchor. I am rubbing feathers and they are going where I want them too! This is too cool.

Thanks Draco for posting this. The pictures really brought it all together!
            You are quite welcome and I'm glad it helped. While this method isn't for every one, it is quite fast to learn. How ever it will not work, nor any other method, with out good basic form. Make sure your form stays good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post
              I talked to Draco about this at the Weavers and when I got home I dug this thread up and re-read it. I think that I have shot at so many distances for so long that it gives me the same thing. I don't know where the point is relation to my target. but I hit what I'm looking at. This was from just shooting one heck of a lot of arrows
              The best part of this method Ron is that it is fast to learn. As I'm sure you know, it can take years to really get instinctive down at all ranges to the point that you feel confident. Also, it allows you to get "on" with a strange bow very quickly even if the arrows are not spined corectly for the bow with you shooting it. You can allow for windage as well as up and down. I've shot other peoples bows at Double G's, Bisch's, Smooth Boars, Pauls and others and within a few arrows I am on.

Now if I could get people to think more on shooting healthy so they could shoot longer into life with out wrist, elbow and shoulder problems. I may do a thread on that some day.

Comment

Bump to the top for us newbies. This post should be a sticky. Great information, it appears, for both beginners and seasoned veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
                  That sucks. I guess I'll need to weigh the benefits out versus the increase of noise. Shooting split finger and instictive has been working ok for me, but I tend to have a wild flier now and again. Usually high or low. This system would eliminate that. What to do, what to do. Thanks for the replies.

Matt
                  To eliminate the occasional flyer, quit watching Bisch shoot! When he does that double clutch heebie geebie thing he does, it will screw up anybody!! Hi Bisch!! I started the gap method of shooting back when I had to wear glasses. I have shot this method long enough that it seems it has almost gone full circle back to being instinctive. Thanks Draco for posting this up, you explained very well!

Comment

Draco, tried this this evening, liked to fell over how quick and easy this method was, only took a few shots and really didn't think distance, more like recognizing range, if that makes sense! I'm a believer!

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
                      To eliminate the occasional flyer, quit watching Bisch shoot! When he does that double clutch heebie geebie thing he does, it will screw up anybody!! Hi Bisch!! I started the gap method of shooting back when I had to wear glasses. I have shot this method long enough that it seems it has almost gone full circle back to being instinctive. Thanks Draco for posting this up, you explained very well!
                      I laughed so hard I snorted!! LOL!!! Oh...what is more fun than jabbing at Bisch ?

Comment

Originally posted by hammackc View Post
                        Draco, tried this this evening, liked to fell over how quick and easy this method was, only took a few shots and really didn't think distance, more like recognizing range, if that makes sense! I'm a believer!
                        Clay,

I hope that this means that you and your shoulders are getting back in the "Trad Game"!!
                        Just nod your head and go on with it man!!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Hi Kevin, it was more elbow than anything, fixed my form, well working on it!

Comment

Clay,

I'm sorry I forgot that you were experiencing a severe tendinitis thing in the elbow instead of a shoulder problem when we last corresponded. I think that I must have subconsciously imposed my own shoulder fears into the mix...thinking about the "He Man" draw weight that your compound was set at. "Ouch"!!! I'd come apart like nobody's business if I tried drawing that weight. LOL!!!

Well I sure hope that you get to shooting "Trad" again so that we see you sharing some of your shooting and hunting expertise with us!! Clay is a sure enough hunter/outdoorsman and has lots of savvy to share!!!

Comment

Have tried gap shooting in the past, but my poor eye sight at close range forbids it. I can see the target fairly clear but any part of the arrow shaft is so blurred it all runs together.

Comment

Originally posted by hammackc View Post
                                It only works good if your form and relese is good. Bad form and release won't work with any system.

Comment

Working...
                                X