Chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
    Anyone else made the 2006 winner? This was my first attempt at scratch chili. I used venison and the batch came out so dry you could eat it with a fork and clean the bowl. Any ideas where i screwed up?
    when I cook my chili, sometimes I have to add water from time to time. As you cook it, it will reduce down...so...just add some water when it gets too thick (or try some shiner bock, for a different level of flavor).

first time I cooked it, it was REAL thick.

keep the lid on the pot too when you are simmering.

Comment

added some cilantro and whole japs....was awesome.

Comment

I usually use the one that Bob Coats used when he won but got some Tusker Chili mix from Hawglite that i'm going to use tomorrow night!

Comment

Made this a few weeks ago and it was great. Only change I made was adding a can of petite diced maters at Step 2.

Wife had me make it again Christmas Eve.

Comment

Used this recipe to win 3rd place in the church chili cook off yesterday, cut the cayenne back and could not find any light chili powder in the Lidale area (anybody know where to get some around Tyler?)

Comment

campb

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Used this recipe to win 3rd place in the church chili cook off yesterday, cut the cayenne back and could not find any light chili powder in the Lidale area (anybody know where to get some around Tyler?)
              I use mortons chille blend an gooooood!!!!!!

Comment

Keep giving up the managers winning recipes and you might be looking for a job!--LOL thanks for sharing.

Comment

Bumpin this up so I can find the recipe faster this evening.

Comment

I love different chils recipes, gonna have to try this one. thanks

Comment

welp.........it ain't cold but it is raining so trying this tonight.

Comment

yum yum

Comment

This is the chili recipe I'm tyring for dinner tonight. So far it smells great. also added a can of Maters.

Comment

It's starting to get to be chili weather finally.

got another one I'm wanting to make, but you literally make your own chili powder from a bunch of different dried chili's...gotta do some internet scouring to find what I need.

Comment

bucky I take it you are a SWT guy?

Comment

Wonder if this recipe will work out with deer instead of beef?

Comment

Working...
                                X