Toelke whip takedown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toelke whip takedown

I just put my name on the list for one. I always told myself my next bow would be a Black Widow but I could not pull the trigger. I bought a Toelke whip on here this past year and it's definitely my favorite bow but I would really like the takedown version as I do a lot of traveling. It'll be 48# @28, 62 inches and should be ready in June. Anybody have the takedown version?

I have never owned a Toelke. Congrats on your new stick.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought a Toelke SS recurve takedown off of Trumpkin early this year. It is a really nice bow, super smooth, fast and quiet! I was a bit skeptical of the takedown system at first because I am shooting 64# at 33", but it is rock solid!!! I have never shot the whip, but have never heard one negative thing about it!

Comment

Just ordered one on Monday. 64” 40@28 takedown. Received a chinook about two weeks ago. **** nice bow. Quick, smooth and quiet. Maybe the nicest bow I have owned.

Comment

You won't be disappointed. The take-down utilizes Micarta in the riser for strength and Dan's fit and finish are second to none. I've owned numerous Toelke's and they are some of the best out there.

Comment

I'm glad to have spread the Toelke word here on TBH! It's funny, I somehow wound up selling off all my Toelke's to guys on the forum here and I'm rocking a Widow right now. But I do really think I'll end up with another Toelke at some point. They're really great bows, made by really great folks.

Comment

I bought a Martin Mamba that I'm really liking. It's funny how you find a bow you like and think you are pretty set on that bowyer then end up finding others you shoot well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                I bought a Martin Mamba that I'm really liking. It's funny how you find a bow you like and think you are pretty set on that bowyer then end up finding others you shoot well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                Our budget can’t afford for us to ‘try’ any more of our friends bows, lol. We borrowed a Bob Lee- now we have half a dozen. I shot a friends Wagstaff- it is now hanging on our rack. I held that same friend’s new Toelke Chinook, and knew better than to shoot it. We’d need a bigger bow rack!

Comment

Loved my whip. Only reason I sold it was the grip wasn't as repeatable as my Bob lee.

If you could get a high wrist whip or whistler, I'd be all over a new one.

Comment

Haha, Trumpkin it was you who I bought the bow from. I shot 2 deer and a grouse this year with it, my first kills with a bow. It will never leave me now. I love the grip and thin limbs on it. What kind of widow are you shooting and what type of grip?

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedAg08 View Post
                      Haha, Trumpkin it was you who I bought the bow from. I shot 2 deer and a grouse this year with it, my first kills with a bow. It will never leave me now. I love the grip and thin limbs on it. What kind of widow are you shooting and what type of grip?
                      I seem to remember you needed it for an elk hunt originally! Glad you're putting it to work.

I'm shooting a 64" Black Widow PMAX, it's 43@32" and has the Randy Cooling grip on it.

Comment

Nice! What can you compare the Randy Cooling grip too?

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedAg08 View Post
                          Nice! What can you compare the Randy Cooling grip too?
                          I have no idea. I've only ever shot Toelke locator grips before this. It's probably like a medium wrist, flat backed ilf grip, but without a hard edge on the palm side. But I don't know whether that's any help to you. It's a dang good grip, and I've heard the new Toelke 10x grip is a similar target style grip.

Comment

Working...
                          X