No announcement yet.

Bought an old ranch truck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d buy a new truck today if it didn’t come with all the new stuff I don’t want or need.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      You're getting soft on us D~Mo!
      That's a fact. I have an "old ranch truck" setting in front of my dad's barn right now, waiting for me to work on it.....it's only 102 so far today.

Comment

My 2020 Ram 3500 is pretty basic. No sensors no seat buzzing no beeping. just a comfortable beat the heck out of you on a gravel road ride

Comment

I guess I am in the minority. I prefer newer and not having to do anything to them except preventative maintenance. At least this has been my experience for the last 20 years. I keep my vehicles 10 years plus.

Comment

I love driving my '91 FJ80. My wife hates it when I park it in the driveway but it's cool to me

Comment

Post a pic of that unit!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Wait until the thermostat sticks and it overheats, or the AC compressor goes out, or it slings the belt and shuts EVERYTHING down, or.....

I drove enough wore out old trucks many 100s of thousands of miles, early in my career. I'll take my nice quiet truck with 800 and some odd ft/lbs of torque, dual zone climate control, and the heater in the seat back for when my back hurts.
                Brother a new diesel costs what 70? I do like that my tundra starts every morning. Way better than the 88 Isuzu I used to have. The danged ac only worked when you were moving, etc. I have had my share of beaters and those do suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Wait until the thermostat sticks and it overheats, or the AC compressor goes out, or it slings the belt and shuts EVERYTHING down, or.....

I drove enough wore out old trucks many 100s of thousands of miles, early in my career. I'll take my nice quiet truck with 800 and some odd ft/lbs of torque, dual zone climate control, and the heater in the seat back for when my back hurts.
                  This....

I have a 1998 Silverado that I love and will keep forever as long as I'm able. But I think I enjoy it mostly because I don't daily drive it.

If I didn't spend 3/4s of my life in a vehicle I would prefer something older but for now I'll enjoy my nice heater leather and bluetooth.

Comment

Working...
                  X