No announcement yet.

Do you have that “one” gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Marlin 30-30 my mom gave me for my 14th birthday. I still use it and I made a notch in it for every whitetail deer I kill. There’s about 100 notches on that gun now. I even marked how many points the bucks had. My kids love that gun. When I’m dead and gone I hope they hang on to it

Comment

Many years ago my Mother gave my Dad a twelve gauge double barrel shotgun on their 50th anniversary. Their home was burglarized years later and it was stolen. Three years after that, while serving a search warrant, I recovered that gun along with 3 van loads of stolen property. I didnt even recognize the gun since they had sawed off the barrel and stock. When the detective on the case ran the serial number he called and told me I had recovered my dad's gun. We eventually returned it to Dad. When he passed, my mother gave it to me. As a firearm (18 1/4" barrel) its no good for anything but a home defense weapon, buy it does hold special meaning for me.

Comment

Do you have that “one” gun?

I only have one gun that was given to my by my Dad; a Remington 1100 12 gauge 30 fixed full choke. I used to have an old 742 Woodsmaster in 30.06 but being a stupid teenager I pawned it to put toward buying a motorcycle. [emoji57] I deeply regret getting rid of that gun. My Dad died 30 years ago this month and I still regret doing such a stupid thing.

The only other gun I have that has sentimental value to me is a Browning BAR in 300 Win Mag which was the first gun I ever purchased myself the year my first kid was born. I can’t even recall how many things that gun has killed. I haven’t even shot it since somewhere around 2003 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My dad’s Remington Model 11- 30” full choke, I remember him repairing the forearm with Weldwood glue when I was 6 or 7, he was the best wing shooter I have ever seen. Also, have his Benjamin pump .22 air rifle, no telling how many squirrels he killed with it when his pears and pecans were ripening!

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
            Love me some 1911’s. I’ve got a Japanese Ruger my grandfather took of a dead one in the Philippines. Leather holster and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Japanese Ruger?

Comment

1895sbl

not from my dad, but i bought it. and it will probably go to my daughter since she’s the only one that shoots and hunts with me.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter45 View Post
                not from my dad, but i bought it. and it will probably go to my daughter since she’s the only one that shoots and hunts with me.
                Last edited by Clay C; 07-27-2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter45 View Post
                  I'm Sure she will appreciate it, but it's kind of weird to pass down socks.

Comment

Winchester pre64 .270 featherweight with a Leupold 3x9 on it. Grandpa to dad to me. Plan to use it a little this year.

A model savage 340E .223 shot most of my first several deer with this rifle. Hope my kid will too.

My gun. Model 700 LSS limited .280 Remington, a gift from my parents when I was still at home. Has been my go to since then, shot all my best deer with it, have the most confidence in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      My great-granny's 722 in 257 roberts...
                      My great uncle gave my dad a 722 to give to me when I was born. It's a 257 Roberts with a custom curly maple Monte Carlo stock. I've killed a bunch of deer with it, no telling how many my uncle killed with it.

Comment

Not anymore.....Dad gave me a Remington 788 in .308 with a 3x9 variable Weaver for Christmas when I was 14.
                        I handed it down to my son about 10 years ago. He'll eventually give it to my grandson. Love that rifle.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a few. My great grandmothers Savage 99 in 250 savage that my grandfather gave a few days before he passed in 1990. He handed it to me in front of all his brothers and sister and said "son just keep it in the family". I killed a couple of deer and a few pigs with it then cleaned it and put it up. I really need to get it out and shoot it.
                          My dads Winchester Pre-64 model 70 in 243. I killed my first deer with this one. It is not the prettiest. Dad carried it in the truck for years and killed a ton of animals with it.

Finally would be my Winchester 70 in 270. All my buddies who have shot it or seen me use it would say just point it in the right direction and it will do the rest. Funny story, a buddy was going to shoot a pig one night with it while I was holding the spotlight on it. When the shot went off I could tell he almost took the pigs hind leg off. I said what did you shoot him in the leg for. He says "I was just taking the slack out of the trigger and the cross hairs were still circling". The gun had a trigger job done by the gun guy my parents bought it from and there isn't any creep. Not sure what pull weight is but it is nice and crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                            A Japanese Ruger?

Actually called a Nambu, but he always called it a Ruger. It looks a lot like a Ruger.

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                              Actually called a Nambu, but he always called it a Ruger. It looks a lot like a Ruger.
                              I think you mean Luger.

Comment

I’ve got a couple but these aren’t ever on the list to thin. My grandads Savage 99 in 250 Savage and my Remington 12 ga 870 Wingmaster that was given to me for Christmas when I was 14
                                Last edited by highspeed; 07-27-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X