Leap of Faith... Updated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leap of Faith... Updated!

Here is the original thread for reference... https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=813484

Well after spending about $5k last week toward getting my LLC going for my start up and other odds and ends to get rolling, I was a little blind sided on Tuesday morning. The company I have managed for the last two years was owned by two partners who both have other successful companies operating besides the company that I work for. They called a meeting with me on Tuesday and explained that one partner was buying the other 50% from the other one and wanted to offer that 50% to me... give it to me, not sell it to me. Not only that, they want me to hire someone else to train over time to do my current job so that I will have the time I need to devote to ministry without being overwhelmed having to run the whole company. The remaining partner doesn't want to run the business and wants to give me the steering wheel while he continues to focus on his other business. They determined that they just couldn't replace me. I was shocked by the offer and have prayed about it and discussed it with my wife for the last couple of days at length. After prayerful consideration, this is is huge blessing that will allow my family to be very well taken care of and still afford me the extra time I need to plant a church hopefully early next year as planned. I have formally accepted the offer yesterday. Now the ball is rolling on legally dissolving their partnership and then going through the lawyers to formally bring me in as a partner. We have found someone to hire and train and he will act as my assistant for some time as he learns and takes on more and more responsibility. I appreciate everyone who prayed for my ministry and the new venture that I was going to step into. It looks like God answered some prayers but it didn't look like what I thought it would.
    Last edited by Pineywoods; 07-09-2021, 07:22 AM.

Awesome!!!

Comment

The business will be small potatoes compared to dealing with a church plant (and church people) lol

If you need help/counsel on the CP side let me know, I have some great contacts that can help you along.
      Last edited by Death from Above; 07-09-2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

And some still doubt his greatness!!! All in his time, great news

Comment

Amazing what happens when we wait on HIM. Congratulations.

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

All glory to God!

Comment

Holy smoke! Literally!

Comment

Wow. That is some awesome stuff right there.

I am not sure if there could be a better turn of events. Amazing.

Congrats to you sir and enjoy your blessing.

In regard to your LLC, always good to have it setup and there if you want/need it later. Definitely keep or complete the process.

J

Comment

Congrats amigo...happy for you!!

Comment

Only God could have worked behind the scenes engineering this plan, and then he suprised you with it out of the blue. It sounds like he blessed you beyond what you could have imagined. I think your willingness to step out in faith and be willing to leave your current company was the catalyst God used to put his plan in motion. Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome news

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          It looks like God answered some prayers but it didn't look like what I thought it would.
                          It rarely does. Many congratulations!

Comment

Wow, what a great testimony and reminder for all of us of how God's plan is so much better than ours...

Comment

Prov 16:9
                              A man’s heart plans his way,
                              But the Lord directs his steps

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X