No announcement yet.

Bad work environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head down, mouth shut, squirrel it away, eject early.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
      So im going to be blunt. As im in MGMT.

If your making less than the people working 7 hrs and you guys are on the same level then either you are not doing as good of a job as you think and MGMT notices it. Or if you know for sure you are doing a better job then those making more and are earning it. Then maybe you should move on as it sounds like you may not be appreciated by the company and there are always companies looking for hard workers.

All of my guys that gripe about wanting a raise etc. Do nothing more to warrant one. The guys that get raises seldom ever say a word about a raise and work their asses off so they get one. Its hard to get that into some peoples head.

I'm just being honest and trying to give you something to consider i know this doesn't address your OP but I'm responding to your statement above.
      This!
      I tell my slackers all the that there is a reason raises are given.
      It always the ones that complain the most work the least that always want a raise. We don’t take any remarks from employees as gospel. If an employee works hard , pays attention to safety and shows up for work that’s all we ask for.
      We know who the K A’s are.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
        Head down, mouth shut, squirrel it away, eject early.
        Yep , you’re there to work , and not talk/ complain.
        I am with dale the work place is like 7th grade,
        work , be safe, be quiet , go home and relax , don’t like the pay grade, or hours, be thankful you’re not the owner or jefe

Comment

seems like this workplace has its more then its fair share of those looking to advance, and not give two cents on how they get up the ladder,
          but now it seems management are turning Jelly Fish, no spin
          sure does make for a bad attitude when one knows nothing will done about any of the known problems going on
          Head down, go in do your job and get out. is the new norm for some

Comment

Guard your heart. Always. Echoing what Dale said. If you’ve got a problem speak to your wife about it. When I was working at Baylor Scott and White there was a plumber there that liked to take pictures of people without their permission.
            I was down in the bottom floor of the hospital where I kept my tool box at going through my tablet. And I was sitting in my chair while I was doing it. I caught movement out of my right eye and casually looked over there. I pretended not to see him, but it was “the golden boy”.His claim to fame was 4% body fat and walking 10 miles a day after work. He was a smart plumber but a tattletale.
            Anyway I saw him going in his workroom and followed him there and shut the door behind me. Now mind you I’m 60 years old then and he’s in his late 40,s. I just told him that I didn’t like him taking pictures of me and if he did it again we were gonna have a problem. He held his hands straight up in the air and apologized. And it was over.
            He was still an azz hole but from that day on he never messed with me again. That works with people when they realize your willing to resolve the problem cordially, or what ever way they want to. That’s the way I’ve always rolled. Do unto others folks. Don’t assault, don’t threaten. Just tell your wife or if necessary him to his face. Don’t breach the HR policy if you choose the later option.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              ^^^ Ditto.

Backstabbers are everywhere and they will use the knife in your back to climb the ladder.

If you have a complaint, think about it. If it is worthy to talk face to face with your boss or your boss's boss, then talk only to them about it. If it is not, then keep your mouth shut.
              Good advice.
              I'd add that you were hired to do a job. It's about earning the paycheck.
              Very few people can separate business and friendship so itvis difficult sometimes to maintain relationships in the workplace.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stites_Bites View Post
                I bring obvious problems to her attention and she equates that to me not being able to handle the environment.
                Don't bring management problems, bring them solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
                  This!
                  I tell my slackers all the that there is a reason raises are given.
                  It always the ones that complain the most work the least that always want a raise. We don’t take any remarks from employees as gospel. If an employee works hard , pays attention to safety and shows up for work that’s all we ask for.
                  We know who the K A’s are.
                  Another way to look at it is what my Dad told me years ago, "You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate for." Everything is a negotiation. As others have asked, what are you doing to push their hands into giving you a raise? Another way to word it, "why should/would they pay you more?" Raises are given in an effort to retain employees, period. Make them want to retain you.

Comment

I just smile and say well that’s a shame and bless their heart…

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      ^This^ There seems to be a misconception in folks (usually the younger hires) that it appears good to management that you are constantly finding and calling out problems/errors. I'm not going to lie, that was me back in the day as well. Luckily I had a good mentor early on that steered me right. Can't hammer home Dales comment enough.

Comment

I manage people and recently had to deal with 2 adults swapping social media info then conversing outside of the workplace.

"he said I was sexy and that makes me uncomfortable now"

Best part is they work from home and are in entirely different states. But here we go, she's obviously trying to leverage into a claim she's in a hostile/harassed work environment. Everyone wants to collect unemployment.

Comment

Dealing with a narcissist in my own area luckily 1. Were working remote 2. It’s sales so my individual success and metrics speaks louder than anything she does

Key like others said is always do a better job than the rest / be more reliable etc. talk is cheaper performance speaks louder

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

That’s this issue… I legitimately have tried. The workload is extremely unbalanced and it’s apparent I’m doing 3-4 times the work a week compared to everyone else. I’ve asked if there would be a way to spread things out a bit more to ensure some of us don’t get worn out. I’m guessing that’s what made them think I “can’t handle it.”

It’s difficult because I’m in the health care sector. Our facility does not grant bonuses or push raises at all. I’m actually making less now when we bring inflation into the picture lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Out of curitousity, what is it that you're upset about in your work environment?

Comment

I've been self-employed since I was 20 (other than 8 years with HFD), but I tried working in a big, corporate environment once (awesome pay, awesome benefits), where the "Leadership Team" was nothing more than a collection of yes-men and "safety" was used as a weapon for up-and-comers to self-promote.

I could give you some great advice on what to do to stay there and survive, but if that's your environment you're better off going somewhere else; or learn a trade and work for yourself.

Some people are built for that environment and some are not.

Comment

Working...
                                X