Bad work environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad work environment

Curious to hear about others’ previous work experiences in a somewhat “toxic” environment.

I guess I was young and naive and thought that a co worker of 2 years was a friend and someone I could confide in. Turns out they would take buddy-to-buddy complaints and notify supervisors that I “had a bad work ethic.”

This same individual would start conversations with me by voicing the exact same complaints and I never once thought to drag them through the mud. Is this something even worth trying to fix or is it time to just move on and find work elsewhere?

Maybe this is common amongst people trying to leverage their way up the chain… who knows. It just feels like a slap in the face and serves as a reality check I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a bootlicker/suck***..

Parking lot??

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there. Had a coworker who complained regularly during lunch and breaks. I voiced a similar complaint, my mistake was that I did it in an email, and she forwarded it on.

Lesson learned. Moved on and advanced my career elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by chwoodall View Post
        He's a bootlicker/suck***..

Parking lot??

And to top it off he doesn’t even work with the company full-time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a meeting with him in the parking lot.

Comment

Get rid of one backstabber and another will be along shortly to take his place.

Comment

Originally posted by Lslite View Post
              Get rid of one backstabber and two more will be along shortly to take his place.
              fify. My advice: stop talking, put in the work, and go home. Providing you like the job. Jackasses anywhere you go. I know a guy who quit a very good job because of someone else. Turns out that "someone else" was fired within 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                fify. My advice: stop talking, put in the work, and go home. Providing you like the job. Jackasses anywhere you go. I know a guy who quit a very good job because of someone else. Turns out that "someone else" was fired within 6 months.
                ^^^ Ditto.

Backstabbers are everywhere and they will use the knife in your back to climb the ladder.

If you have a complaint, think about it. If it is worthy to talk face to face with your boss or your boss's boss, then talk only to them about it. If it is not, then keep your mouth shut.

Comment

Also depends on what field of work you're involved in I'd think.

Comment

I think it is human nature to ***** about work some, no matter what you do for a living.
                    I had the same experience long ago with a coworker. Luckily the boss was a friend and confronted me about it and we worked it out.

There are things you need to get off your chest. The best way I have found to do this is talking to my wife about it.

Comment

Loose lips sink ships brother.

Comment

It sucks and I'm sorry it happened

It's common, even amongst the self employed [emoji23]. That's one reason I'm not self employed [emoji56]

I currently work with a couple. I am even friends with them. I limit our shop talk to things fixing things or you ain't gonna believe what this driver did.

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

Comment

The management rep he reports to knows the type of person he/she that is ratting out people. Rise up above him and keep the negative comments to yourself until you “know” who you are dealing with. But yes it sucks most of us have probably encountered people like this in our working careers.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                            There are things you need to get off your chest. The best way I have found to do this is talking to my wife about it.
                            ^^^ this right here.

Hardest lesson for me to learn in life was everyone isn't my friend and people don't always want the best for me. Seems stupid when I say it outloud but nothing could be closer to the truth.

My advice is keep you head down, your mouth shut, and start circulating your resume.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer !

Comment

Working...
                              X