Child support = depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child support = depression

3:30AM thoughts.. I sold my home and moved closer to my kids, I changed jobs to be provide better for my family, I spend THOUSANDS of dollars to get to see my kids more.. I go to court and behold, I get more time, yet my child support goes UP. So, let me get this straight.. I get MORE time, yet I pay MORE.. so now I have work more, to make up for the lost wages, and that's less time I get to see the kids that I was just awarded.. cant win for losing..

sorry, just needed to vent a little.. gets pretty lonely with nothing but your thoughts working nights..
    Last edited by hully1029; 01-09-2020, 03:45 AM.

Courts suck in my opinion. Seems to me like they need to evaluate each case on its merits and rule accordingly. The end goal should be that each parent gets to spend time with the kiddos.

Prayers up for your family Sir.

Comment

Man, i feel your pain. Mine just took me back for a increase after 12 years, they are trying to double what i pay now. U cant win when it comes to this, so i had to lawyer up and waiting on a court date now.

Comment

If your a dad and pay your support like your supposed to Texas hoses you. If your a dead beat it takes forever for the system to finally catch up to you. Max child support just went up so my ex is taking me back for another $100 bucks a month for my last year of support which she will get. My grandson is 4 and has not gotten a penny from baby daddy and he has failed to appear 5 times and nothing has happened to him.

Keep your head up those and if you stay single you can easily afford it ;-)

Comment

I paid a little over $200,000 in child support when my two boys were growing up. It sure wasn’t easy.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I paid a little over $200,000 in child support when my two boys were growing up. It sure wasn’t easy.
            I'll be pushing that much as well by the time it's all said and done.

Comment

I pay $1710 a month plus all medical insurance and 1/2 unpaid uncovered medical. That will be going to $1840. Would not be an issue if it actually went to my child.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                I pay $1710 a month plus all medical insurance and 1/2 unpaid uncovered medical. That will be going to $1840. Would not be an issue if it actually went to my child.
                thats awful.. im sorry man

Comment

Right there with you....

Comment

Ha! I pay $3k a month for 1 kid!! 1.5 years more and I get a nice raise!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Child support is nothing more than a second income for many women. And, pay attention to how many start looking to replace that second income with some gullible guy when those kids are nearing the age of 18.

Comment

I lucked out and got primary custody of my 2 oldest, ( also, when my current wife left for 2yrs I paid voluntarily to avoid any issues ) so I cant personally complain. But there is no question the system is messed up. As said above, if you try to do whats right they hammer you, but if you are a pos they do nothing. Drives me nuts.

On top that, I have known very few that actually use the support for the kids. Its just free extra money. I know a guy that was almost done ( kids graduating ) and his ex asked him to keep paying after the kid left because without it she couldnt pay her bills. She was shocked he wouldnt keep paying anyway. Its unreal.

I dont understand how yall have to pay so much but not have primary custody. IMO if you want primary custody you should be willing to pay 100%. Not saying noncustodial parents shouldnt pay, but if you want primary and deprive the other from their kids, be ready to pay for the kids. I bet a lot more dads would get the kids if mom didnt get free money

For the record, I got primary custody and never tried to get a thing from her. Never received a dime. I got primary, I raised them.
                        Last edited by miket; 01-09-2020, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Luckily I don’t have to deal with it. My brother is going through a divorce and it’s rough. Last year he worked an exceptional amount of overtime (About $60k over his base pay). Wouldn’t you know they are using that to calculate his child support. He tried to get them to use an average of the last three years and that was a no go. Now she gripes because he’s working as much as he can to pay her and his bills and doesn’t see the kids much. There’s just no good logic behind this stuff sometimes.

Comment

I do not envy anyone that has to play child support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                              Ha! I pay $3k a month for 1 kid!! 1.5 years more and I get a nice raise!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              How do you pay so much? The max in the state of Texas is 1840 for one kid?

Comment

Working...
                              X