X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go Glenn! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
      Yes sir, Brandon and his crew take care of me bigtime and I get 'em out fishing as much as I can. They are some really good guys and without a doubt I love their product. It'll be in my new boat for sure.

When you call and talk to Brandon tell him you are one of my fishing buddys and it'll for sure get you at least an extra 20% tacked on to the price.

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We fished East Matagorda yesterday and struggled with the tides being so high still, fish have not pulled up onto the shorelines yet, as we can see from Glen’s post. Need to tide to drop for my style of fishing. Hopefully it happens before I go back to work!

Nice work Glen, consistently posting good boxes of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
          We fished East Matagorda yesterday and struggled with the tides being so high still, fish have not pulled up onto the shorelines yet, as we can see from Glen’s post. Need to tide to drop for my style of fishing. Hopefully it happens before I go back to work!

Nice work Glen, consistently posting good boxes of fish.
          You still have a ways to go before the shrimp are gone. It'll probably be mid Dec like most years before they get back on mullet.

Comment

You still have a ways to go before the shrimp are gone. It'll probably be mid Dec like most years before they get back on mullet.
            I was amazed at how much shrimp was in the bay. In the back of Catch all you could have cast netted all you wanted, insane. Maybe when I get back in mid-January I can fish my normal late Fall pattern... year after year I am on solid fish around Veterans Day, this year is gonna be different I think.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              I was amazed at how much shrimp was in the bay. In the back of Catch all you could have cast netted all you wanted, insane. Maybe when I get back in mid-January I can fish my normal late Fall pattern... year after year I am on solid fish around Veterans Day, this year is gonna be different I think.

I don’t know if I suck or what but fishing shorelines has been terrible for me in East Matty this year. There were shrimp and birds working everywhere Saturday. In the bay, all up the river, in the diversion.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                I don’t know if I suck or what but fishing shorelines has been terrible for me in East Matty this year. There were shrimp and birds working everywhere Saturday. In the bay, all up the river, in the diversion.

My dad went yesterday and has the same issue we did with the sand trout under the birds in the diversion.

Comment

That last trip to West we took it was unreal the birds working that East end... in sure there was a lot of junk under them I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    That last trip to West we took it was unreal the birds working that East end... in sure there was a lot of junk under them I'd imagine.

Hard heads and gafftop was my guess

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      That was reds, I almost guarantee it, there had been a bunch of redfish on that end at that time. The birds we jacked with in the diversion had a bunch of trout and sand trout under them, just hard to get the specks for the sand trout.
                      Last edited by panhandlehunter; 11-04-2020, 09:37 PM.

Comment

That was reds, I almost guarantee it, there had been a bunch of redfish on that end at that time. The birds we jacked with in the diversion had a bunch of trout and sand trout under them, just hard to get the specks for the sand trout.

I would have made ol’ Mexico turn around if I knew them was reds!!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                          I would have made ol’ Mexico turn around if I knew them was reds!!

He would have pulled one of those.....yall cast first, I'll wait till yall hook up and get to the back of the boat

Comment

That was reds, I almost guarantee it, there had been a bunch of redfish on that end at that time.
                            10-14" school trout and some gaftop depending on which schools you hit. You can literally catch all the undersized trout you want to catch. There must be millions of them in there.

Comment

10-14" school trout and some gaftop depending on which schools you hit. You can literally catch all the undersized trout you want to catch. There must be millions of them in there.
                              That is no joke about the number of small trout in the bay. Me and Mexico had a couple of trips where it was small trout every cast. We would move to another spot and same thing. Barring any freezes etc, the fishing should only get better.

Comment

It's pretty normal to see those big numbers of dink trout on the east end of WMB and on the north shoreline down to Palacios Point and up to Palacios. That bay is a really strong speckled trout factory. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. I think we had more dinks than normal on the south shoreline this year though. And for sure we are catching way more dinks than normal in EMB. Usually EMB produces far fewer dinks and lately they are everywhere. Tons of 14" trout in both bays right now. I guess that bodes well for next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X