No announcement yet.

Brady/Mason/Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not many whitetail bucks on camera. Several real nice axis! And starting to see hogs. Concho Co. Got a 28" axis the other day. He was hefty, weighed 170 field dressed with head and neck on the ground, winch won't go up higher with the scale attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the kills guys! Checked my camera a few weeks or so ago when a member swapped my cards out....nothing to impressive but we have alot of deer. Pretty usual to not catch our big bucks on camera though. Ill be anxious to see what i have next weekend on the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckcrusher View Post

Looks to be a little chilly in Menard today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there since Sunday and I have never seen anything like that in October. We had sleet most of the night last night and it was snowing lightly when we left this morning. Saw several mature bucks in the first 3 hunts, but this morning was not so good. They didn’t want to move in the white stuff. I bet tomorrow will be a great day to be up there hunting.

Comment

Checked cards today since I wasn’t able to be there during the cold front. A couple new bucks have shown up but mostly all the same deer. Nothing that gets my blood going yet though.

Comment

32 at the house on the hill over town and no frost. Light frost and 30 along the river at the office. Clear and beautiful weather.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Im half way between llano and mason on 29. Pulled cards and made a few hunts 2 weekends ago.

all 4 feeders are loaded with does and fawns. looked like their spots faded around of end of sept on quite a few of them. lots of yearlings, young basket bucks, and spikes. Out of 4000 pics from 1st of sept, only one mature 8 point and 1 mature freaky 7 point. Usually we have pics of decent bucks running together that time of year. Very odd year.

Buddy just made it up today for youth weekend and pulled cards. same mature 8 is still showing up on cam. From a pic this morn, his neck looked to be on the swollen side.
              Last edited by Alderrg; 10-30-2020, 06:47 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Racks seem smaller and more spindly this year. Deer count is up. Lots of fawns this year. Not uncommon to see 15-20 deer under feeders, on all feeders. Never seen so many deer. Pigs are out of control this year. Hope we get some more rain or this summer could be bad on animal counts. We hunt south of Mason near the river.

Comment

Yall headed up this weekend? Ill be headed out to our place first thing tomorrow morning.

Comment

Brady/Mason/Menard 2020-2021 Season

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                    Yall headed up this weekend? Ill be headed out to our place first thing tomorrow morning.

Same for me...leaving first thing tomorrow and headed for camp! Gonna try and get one evening sit in before all the broomsticks show up [emoji23]

Comment

Any rut reports?

Where’s Gary?!

I’ll be headed out the 10th. Be in a blind with a rifle on the 11th. Looks like we may catch peak rut!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Any rut reports?

Where’s Gary?!

I’ll be headed out the 10th. Be in a blind with a rifle on the 11th. Looks like we may catch peak rut!

Gary and a few others have said not much change yet. Little bucks sparring but not much different yet. I can say, at least at my spot, my shooter is still showing up but currently not much movement in the daylight. Just gotta hope one screws up!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Any rut reports?

Where’s Gary?!

I left 2 days ago from a 3 day hunt and even though it was in the 40's in the mornings there was 0 sign of bucks pushing doe, not even the youngsters... Actually the mature buck I killed came in with another mature buck.. Very odd to see 2 mature bucks partnered up this time of year for our place..

PRAY FOR RAIN.. In 20 years our big stock tank has never ran dry, not even in 2011.. It is now mud..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            I left 2 days ago from a 3 day hunt and even though it was in the 40's in the mornings there was 0 sign of bucks pushing doe, not even the youngsters... Actually the mature buck I killed came in with another mature buck.. Very odd to see 2 mature bucks partnered up this time of year for our place..

PRAY FOR RAIN.. In 20 years our big stock tank has never ran dry, not even in 2011.. It is now mud..
                            Yeah we need rain bad. Going through 3 bales of hay a week! Luckily we pump water in our tanks.

Comment

Well we had some members get to our place today and check everything out. My feeder hasn’t been going off. 2020 getting even better....

Comment

I Hunt north of Mason. We have a ton of deer hitting the feeders but most mature deer are laying low and very sporadic. I watched a 3.5 year old work a good scrape last week so they seem to be preparing for the rut but we haven't seen any chasing yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X