X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome buck, Congrats! Yes and i am jealous!

Comment

Awesome

Deer has a huge body

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice buck, Zane! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
              Not the most incredible deer I’ve ever killed, but this was the number one target buck on our place this year. He was the most dominate buck and I feared he was the buck that’s been running off other nice young deer the last couple seasons.
              7.5 years old, planning on weighing him soon.

OP....that's a helluva bow deer any year no matter what you have killed in the past. No need to downplay the deer and justify it to TBH. Every year is a different challenge. Bigger, older, dominant, different characteristics, whatever it is.....every year varies. Congrats on a fine kill.

Comment

Comment

So this buck is one we’ve been after for 3 seasons and maybe even 4. He was a 10 at age 4.5 and has been a 9 the last 3 seasons. We have him aged at 7.5

I shot at him last year in early October in a tree row where I never imagined seeing him. Finally reconnected today. Frigid temperatures and an empty feeder for the last week. I bought a few bags of corn and dumped one out near my feeder. Right close to 5 this evening he stepped out and immediately gave me a good shot opportunity. He only ran 37 yards, weighed in at 240lbs. He certainly was a toad. He lived his whole live with a silver spoon in hand. Lots of corn and protein. He needed killed. He, just like his dad, breaks up the other deer like crazy, and has run off several younger and nicer deer. With the ice and freezing rain, the internet is acting up. I have video ready to post, but it won’t until the connection gets better.

We never named this deer... so I guess I’ll name him now. “Joe Biden’s election chances” seems fitting. They’re both dead.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
                    I will certainly do that. Got too excited and didn’t take pics with my bow. I’ll do a short write up soon, working on the video now.
                    I’m shooting a bowtech Prodigy. I’ve always been frustrated with my setup because I have never once gotten pass through on a deer. So I tried my hand a increasing FOC this year. And I did it on the cheap. Bought some cheap arrows at Walmart. Used a hacksaw and sawed me some 1 inch pieces of metal rod from an old panel, each weighing approximately 125grains. Then slapped on some 125grain broadheads my dad give me. Shot and tuned the arrows. This was my first shot at an animal with it. Complete pass through. In fact in the slo mo shot on video. You can see my arrow in the ground behind him. Total pass through. The arrow stuck in the ground about 3 inches. So much so that he kicked the arrow when he was running off and it still was stuck in the dirt.

Comment

Nicely done, great buck. Congrats.

Comment

Nice buck congrats!

Comment

Nice, congrats

Comment

Good write-up and better buck!!

Congrats

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Heck yeah that will work! Great deer.

I would guessed a little heavier than 100 pounds though.........

Comment

Working...
                                X