28 Nosler ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 Nosler ammo

Anyone shoot a 28 Nosler? What ammo are you shooting? I use it on my yearly mule deer hunt and have been using Nosler 175gr long range accubond but am not impressed. Have shot animals anywhere from 200 yds out to 475 and bullet has come to pieces with little to no penetration.

Use a normal accubond. Nosler trophy grade

Comment

Try Bergers. Have amazing results.

Comment

That sounds like typical ballistic tip performance not Accubond.

Every deer, elk, or pig that I have shot with an Accubond has delivered superb performance.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
          That sounds like typical ballistic tip performance not Accubond.

Every deer, elk, or pig that I have shot with an Accubond has delivered superb performance.

Was surprised myself....between my two brothers and me we have used the 175 long range accubonds on a whitetail, an axis, 3 mule deer, and an aoudad and had the same result on all of them. All 28 noslers.

Comment

Originally posted by mill929 View Post
            Was surprised myself....between my two brothers and me we have used the 175 long range accubonds on a whitetail, an axis, 3 mule deer, and an aoudad and had the same result on all of them. All 28 noslers.
            The LR version is not made to hold together like the normal accubond but they are also rated to open up at much lower velocities thus the long range distinction.

At 28 nosler velocities and within 500 yds not really needed though plain jane accubond should do fine.

Comment

We shot the Accubond LR for a while and had the same results, back to standard Accubonds for us! And honestly if you are keeping shots 500 and in there is not reason for the LR bullets

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Use a normal accubond. Nosler trophy grade
                Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                The LR version is not made to hold together like the normal accubond but they are also rated to open up at much lower velocities thus the long range distinction.

At 28 nosler velocities and within 500 yds not really needed though plain jane accubond should do fine.
                I agree with these guys. If you were shooting critters at a further distance, I think that LR Accubond would be performing better for you. Try the regular Trophy Grade Accubond round. I'm betting that will do it!

Comment

175 TG AB for me... Dropped 300# Mule Deer in tracks at 225

Comment

Our 28 Nosler hated the 175 ABLR, switched to the 160 AB and it shoots sub 1/2” groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                      Our 28 Nosler hated the 175 ABLR, switched to the 160 AB and it shoots sub 1/2” groups.

ABLR typically takes LOTS of jump to get it grouping.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        ABLR typically takes LOTS of jump to get it grouping.

These were the factory Nosler Custom ammo. I’m sure they were loaded to SAAMI COL. not saying they didn’t have a lot of jump. The rifle is a Fierce Carbon Fury, I don’t know how much free bore those rifles have.

Comment

I’m a new fan of the regular accubonds after a recent trip but also seen the Hornady precision hunter lay the smack down out of a 28Nos specifically. A buddy shot an axis at about 120-150 and it obliterated his insides. Ran only about 20 yards.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                            These were the factory Nosler Custom ammo. I’m sure they were loaded to SAAMI COL. not saying they didn’t have a lot of jump. The rifle is a Fierce Carbon Fury, I don’t know how much free bore those rifles have.

I’m sure factory had lots of jump but didn’t agree with your rifle

Comment

I have a 26 and a 28 nosler. The 26 I only shoot the Nosler trophy grade 140 grain accubond. They work very well. On the 28 I was shooting the Hornady 162ELD-X. Thought they worked pretty well. Recently I picked up some Browning 160 grain Sierra match king. My Browning rifle really likes them and they do some damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X