South Texas buck (Take 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late update:
    I was covered up all morning. Had a very close encounter and I thought it was going to happen. He locked up behind the brush at 45 yds, then turned and walked away. I uploaded the encounter on YouTube so I could post it.

Comment

South Texas buck (Take 2)

It’s hard heading home, being so close to getting it done with this buck. 4 total sits and saw him on all four hunts. Giving the spot some time to rest and no added pressure will be good. I’ll be back in a few weeks to pick up right where we left off on this buck.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry it didn't work out this time, Zach. To be continued...

Comment

Well that's a bummer but be confident that you'll get him the next hunt!

Comment

I think I’d have to take vacation time to get that guy on the ground!! That’s hunting though..

Comment

Cool video, but wish it was of him walking closer and getting schwacked (as do you I am sure) Next time! And the 9pt is impressive... congrats to her!

Comment

Man!! He just sat there in those trees to make you think about him every second for the next couple weeks! What a stud

Comment

There's no way I could hold off 2 weeks before going after him again... I'd have 3 coverts covering my shooting lanes and the minuted he did the same thing 2 days in a row, I'd be there!! Need to get him before he gets broke up. He's a beautiful buck and anything that he breaks off will be a shame...

Comment

Awesome buck, sorry you weren't able to get him this time but the anticipation will just make it sweeter when you do. Looks like he was a little leery of the new blind. A few weeks of it being there with no activity ought to help him get used to it.

Comment

Beautiful buck good luck.

Comment

Im with charlie. Might feel a cough coming on and have to social distance just in case it's the roni. Do n.v t wanna go to work coughing these days

Comment

That’s him, that’s the krivoman in the background..... and I’m at my house in San Antonio.... smh

Comment

Oh man, been following this, what a stud. Was he goosey because of new stand location? Can u hunt this coming weekend? You’ve got him on that summer pattern, all that is about to change though.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Im with charlie. Might feel a cough coming on and have to social distance just in case it's the roni. Do n.v t wanna go to work coughing these days

Lol! I hear ya.... trust me, I would if I could. I’m having to work around other people’s schedule for
                              this hunt..... that’s the only reason for spacing between hunts. Also played a little in affect with us rolling the dice and getting aggressive to try getting this deer killed.

At least I’m lucky to have my primary lease to go hunt in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                                Sorry it didn't work out this time, Zach. To be continued...
                                Thanks man! Too be continued for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X