2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josh W View Post
    Great day on the water today all by ourselves. Tide is super high right now and made things a little interesting. Caught around 30 trout throwing lures, best choice being down south pearl chartreuse. Caught a 26.5” on croaker and tried to release her but she wouldn’t go

Nice work after the storm Josh!

Comment

Wish I could get back down. Found a ton of reds in Brown and Root flats last week (pre-storm) but they where hard to catch. I’d like to explore lighthouse with all this water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Josh! Great day there!

Comment

Coming back in Nov with a couple kayaks..

trying to get a gameplan together.. i know, i know.. i have forever, but planning out is part of the fun, right?

would like to get on some big bull reds and a shark or two.... and obviously any others willing to bite.

what would be yalls advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            I don’t know what happened but the Garmin issue seems to be a stretch. Pure speculation but I’m guessing alcohol is a bigger factor than the GPS being wrong. I really hope for everyone’s sake I’m wrong.

I had heard that theory on sunday and went turned my garmin 741xs on and my position and tracks were all correct.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
              I had heard that theory on sunday and went turned my garmin 741xs on and my position and tracks were all correct.

I run a 74CV and it is spot on.

Comment

Yeah the Garmin thing is just people trying to pull strings to come up with some sort of explanation.

Comment

Question fellars, myself and a few buddies are interested in doing a flounder gigging trip. We do quite a bit of fishing but none of us have ever gone gigging and don't really know where to start.

Are there flounder guides out of Galveston? I went to high school with the owner of Night Moves out of Freeport but he's booked up for the weekend we need.

Any leads in the Freeport to Galveston area would be appreciated. Really don't want to go down south if possible. We all live in Cypress and looking to drive home the same night/morning.
                  Last edited by tmurray; 07-28-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Talasek Guide service in Matagorda is the best I can do.

Comment

Capt. Corder in G-town.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post

trying to get a gameplan together.. i know, i know.. i have forever, but planning out is part of the fun, right?

would like to get on some big bull reds and a shark or two.... and obviously any others willing to bite.

I'd be more focused on the Jetties then the surf during November. That's the very end of their Bull Run, and the sharks are always plentiful around the jetties. Surf could be hot or miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          I'd be more focused on the Jetties then the surf during November. That's the very end of their Bull Run, and the sharks are always plentiful around the jetties. Surf could be hot or miss.
                          Sounds great!

What about the bay system for reds, trout, etc? Will water still be at good temperature?

That should start time for sheepshead, yea?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

All depends on water temps. If it's a really cold November the trout will be in the rivers or over deep shell. If it's a mild November you can usually find them in their normal places.

As for Sheephead, I've never really targeted them so no clue

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post

You gonna waste a Nov trip on bull reds and sharks?

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                                Talasek Guide service in Matagorda is the best I can do.
                                Troy Keen in Matagorda is another. (979)429-3300

Also Dustin O'Connell in Matagorda. (361)781-6798

2 hour drive or a little less.

Comment

Working...
                                X